Megaupload Question

Hey Everyone,

I was looking for some anime to download and I found it here on the site. My issue is however that its on Megaupload.

A couple of months ago I visited Megaupload and found out that the second I visited, my computer was infected with a bunch of keylogger trojans that took forever to get rid of. My question today, is Megaupload safe now? I'm running Windows 7 if it makes a difference

I've actually had the same problem from MU before. The problem lies with the fact of their advertisements. They do not ensure they are safe before displaying them to you.

A simple solution I have found is to just never visit MU. How do I do this? Using a download manager known as jdownloader.. I just copy/paste the links into it and it'll download the files for me.

I've actually had the same problem from MU before. The problem lies with the fact of their advertisements. They do not ensure they are safe before displaying them to you.

A simple solution I have found is to just never visit MU. How do I do this? Using a download manager known as jdownloader.. I just copy/paste the links into it and it'll download the files for me.

QFT, JDownloader is my best friend now... Seriously, you never have to worry about getting viruses and keyloggers from the MU add with this...

Speaking of which.. I clicked an MU link earlier after that post.. and got infected.

I managed to get rid of it.. or so I thought.. but it somehow returned and it's really fucked up my PC.. even system restore didn't fix the problem it has made now.

Everytime I try to open a program it asks me what to open the program in.

Example.. firefox? Try opening it in firefox.. then it opens firefox and tries to download the .exe.. instead of simply opening. It is doing this to all the programs.. asking me what to open them with.

megaupload itself is ok, wether or not the file/files you downloaded from it are a different manner. Just being connected to the internet itself puts you at risk technically.

Usually, file stored on MU don't have dangerous viruses. As far as I know, MU deletes files that have actual viruses, rather than false positives, in order for it to prevent harming other files on the server it is stored on. Same goes for every other similar file host. The problem is with the ads, which was stated above. If you want to block them, all you really need is Mozilla Firefox and Adblock Puss with these urls in the filters:

http://s.megaclick.com/*
http://google-analytics.com/*

I think there were more, but that should help at least.