whats your fav villian from Dragon ball Z

mikaleSmith

Picollo is my favorite villian

Wouldn't really call him a 'villain' in DBZ. In Dragon Ball, yes obviously, but in DBZ although he talked about wanting to kill Goku in the first few episodes, after training Gohan his villainous side all but seemed to have disappeared. Every single fight he was involved in within DBZ was on the heroes side of the arena.

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Piccolo is my favorite character overall, so I want to say him, but as has been pointed out before he doesn't remain a villain and actually the majority of his involvement in the series is as a hero. So that said, I'll have to give it to Frieza, who is a stone cold killer and doesn't deviate until the later movies or Super, which... don't really count in my opinion. Frieza just has incredible screen presence visually and happens to exist over what is probably the single greatest arc of the series. Buu is cool and I like that he challenges the Z Fighters because of his physical nature more than strictly his power level, but with only the one major character (who barely talked) and little in the way of adventure, the whole Buu Saga just doesn't feel like it goes anywhere when compared with the entirety of the Frieza storyline, which honestly begins the moment Raditz shows up. Our heroes go from Earth being invaded, to pushing into space, to hunting down Dragon Balls on an alien landscape, discovering Goku's origins and upper limits, battling an intergalactic conqueror, and liberating an entire civilization. It's just a really great adventure from beginning to end.

Honestly I think the only other character who might compare is Raditz, and that's because we don't get to see him at all after his first apperance, which always struck me as really bizarre. Here we have Goku's biological brother, which should make him a pretty big deal... but he's never really talked about again. In all honesty, I think Raditz should have been given Vegeta's character arc. It would have made more sense for him to try to get along with Goku--his last remaining family--while still acting as an adversary than for Vegeta, who just kind of turns good "because."