Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Kasoivc

Well. RE:ORC finally came out. Though I'm kind of disappointed with the quality. It could've... No. SHOULD'VE been much better than what they gave us. Story-wise, it seems like a mish-mash of random fandom crap, they should've added way more then what they offered. (Beaten it several times already, both types of endings, multiple/different character choices for each experience) and the only Pros to this game being the fast-pace run/gun aspect, the "dark" side of the story.

Weapon selections are crap, Online Gametype modes are pretty much crap (Either TDM, or Objective Based... so far when I play on the online Community).

Story has pretty much absolutely no-replay value besides the ending level for the "alternate" ending, which technically - you don't even need to really play through the entire game a second time for the ending unless you aim for achievements/trophies.

Oh, might I add that the team A.I. is incredibly stupid compared to the enemy A.I.

I'm disappointed, too much hype for a game that did not deliver... 6/10 in my book, and that's being generous.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what ive seen this game has some decent potential, it sounds good enough atleast. i guess only time will tell if its any good or not

The game has mass potential. However what it has to offer straight from the the get go, no game-changing DLC added, is HIGHLY lacking in my honest opinion. A game from our current gaming era should be a tad more sophisticated. In my honest opinion, when I played through RE:ORC, all I could think of was "This game plays too damn much like the first Army of Two."

Accuracy of guns are more precise when you're not aiming down, the cover system is about as sketchy as a PS2 version of Gears of War. The friendly A.I. is complete crap compared to the enemy A.I. Sledgehammer had the right idea with where they were going in the multiplayer mode but what they came up with and shipped out is just trash compared to our current game kings. I'm not fanboying that RE:ORC should be like the Halo, CoD, Gears of War series but, the game should be much harder to compare to the others.

My main gripe is the story that they give us. Playing through the story, THE most story you get is the background/mission debriefing when you specifically play in "Campaign" mode where the official from Umbrella fills you in on your details for the current level/stage/mission. If you play in "Freeplay" mode, you don't go from level to level watching the cutscenes, you just start from the level without any interest in the story at all.

I would like to see what Hunk does after getting the G-Virus again, I would like to see how Leon ended up within the Power Plant again, I would actually like to explore the damn RPD Building, Again. Oh, what's this? We're just going to put it in a level to make fanboys/fangirls scream in joy for a pure 2 minutes? Yeah. We can just find a place where Wolfteam can hide to make it a "checkpoint" for the start of the next level, we don't have to explain how you got from a Barber Shop to a Guard's Watchroom, or how you get from streets infested with zombies to the elevator of Umbrella HQ in the Arklay Mountains.

Seriously, the game is lacking what was so hyped and seemed to be promised. There is No "Time will tell" because the game is just complete trash. The only thing it's got going for it is the artwork, No Joke.