It's Friday ~ Rebecca Black??

Vonnie

it's a common concept these days. people go more for the video than for the actual song. if you think this is bad, you should look at Willow Smith's song. No lyrics, no rhythm, no music, it completely sucks yet there are people who like it.

(not aimed at anyone here) Just goes to show that people's choice in music is turning to crap.

it's a common concept these days. people go more for the video than for the actual song. if you think this is bad, you should look at Willow Smith's song. No lyrics, no rhythm, no music, it completely sucks yet there are people who like it.

Just goes to show that people's choice in music is turning to crap.

Thanks. Good to know someone likes my music choices.

You can't tell someone's music is crap, it's all subject to opinion. You might like some really popular bands like Opeth, Metallica, Soil, things like that, and I could consider your music choice to be crap.

Thanks. Good to know someone likes my music choices.

You can't tell someone's music is crap, it's all subject to opinion. You might like some really popular bands like Opeth, Metallica, Soil, things like that, and I could consider your music choice to be crap.

It wasn't directly aimed at anyone. It's just a fact. I first HEARD Linkin's Park album "Minutes to Midnight" when a friend gave me his CD Player during a school trip. I liked the actual SONGS that were in it, not the rock band that were playing or the special effects in the video or anything. The band had put actual effort into writing the song, rehearsing it, recording it and then mixing it.

Songs these days however only seem to please the public visually. Even most of the songs sung by the so-called new stars like "Miley Cyrus" or in this case "Rebecca Black" are clones of earlier songs, but seriously degraded. There's been only one original artist for the past few years and that's Taylor Swift.

So, i'm not saying that songs which are not Metal or Rock suck. I'm saying that the songs which are lack of originality and which are aimed at only making money suck.

Hell, even Linkin's Park new album "Thousand Suns" wasn't that good and i'm a huge fan.

It wasn't directly aimed at anyone. It's just a fact. I first HEARD Linkin's Park album "Minutes to Midnight" when a friend gave me his CD Player during a school trip. I liked the actual SONGS that were in it, not the rock band that were playing or the special effects in the video or anything. The band had put actual effort into writing the song, rehearsing it, recording it and then mixing it.

Songs these days however only seem to please the public visually. Even most of the songs sung by the so-called new stars like "Miley Cyrus" or in this case "Rebecca Black" are clones of earlier songs, but seriously degraded. There's been only one original artist for the past few years and that's Taylor Swift.

So, i'm not saying that songs which are not Metal or Rock suck. I'm saying that the songs which are lack of originality and which are aimed at only making money suck.

Hell, even Linkin's Park new album "Thousand Suns" wasn't that good and i'm a huge fan.

I know it wasn't directed at anyone, but it's not a fact. You saying that something is bad is your opinion. People have their choices. To them, it's a good choice to listen to what you would call crappy music. No one has a place to insult their tastes. If they like it, they like it.

Ok well she can't sing, her voice is annoying, the lyrics are laughable, the only good thing about it is the video looks semi-professional (in my opinion). Although, she has every right to be popular and have a fan base, haters are gonna hate. She got really lucky with this song, heck even I would take the opportunity that shes taken and get some "fame" time. As long as this song doesn't get repeated on the radio, Im fine with it lol.

Ok well she can't sing, her voice is annoying, the lyrics are laughable, the only good thing about it is the video looks semi-professional (in my opinion). Although, she has every right to be popular and have a fan base, haters are gonna hate. She got really lucky with this song, heck even I would take the opportunity that shes taken and get some "fame" time. As long as this song doesn't get repeated on the radio, Im fine with it lol.

Exactly what i'm saying. I just don't get the reason why songs like this work as much as they do when they don't have an ounce of "real" in them.

I'm pretty open-minded to songs but when a song sucks this much and someone says that it's freaking awesome, i can't help but ask just what was good about it. it fails on every aspect of music. and i'm not just saying this cuz of rants. i've taken actual music classes and i've heard voices which are way better. so, it pisses me off when something so lame gets more attention than an actual piece of art simple because the artist LOOKS good.

... and to be honest, she doesn't even LOOK that good.

Good grief, as terrible as the song is she fits in with the rest of the clowns in the music industry today. If your not singing/rapping puppet with a machine nowadays (AKA auto-tuned), your not gonna make any money. It's really sad how much of a joke music has become.

i've taken actual music classes and i've heard voices which are way better. so, it pisses me off when something so lame gets more attention than an actual piece of art simple because the artist LOOKS good.

Fucking Amen!!!!

Ugh. I like some pop music but it's really rare. I usually avoid listening to anything mainstream or overly popularized.

If it's on the radio, it will usually only stay on the radio for me. Before Rebecca Black, what - Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber? I also originally thought Lady Gaga was Black when I was listening to her music on the radio (same for whoever sung Party in the USA) until her music kinda grew on me and then I found out she was actually white - and possibly a transexual.

Point besides, I generally don't listen to pop culture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...