Naruto, Bleach, One Piece : The better soundtrack [Possible spoilers]

Nero D. Ace

Best OST?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Best OST?

Leaving aside all the plot elements and characters, which of these 3 mainstream anime have the best OST i.e. which of them has best incorporated music to fit the mood of the anime.

In my opinion, I'd have to give this one to Bleach. Bleach started out as an anime with a lot of fighting and the fighting music in it has been really well made and it's been well placed. The various sounds that play right before a fight, during a fight and when the tables turn is really awesome.

In fact, I really liked Ichigo's fights with Kenpachi and Byakuya mostly because of the superb use of music.

This is one of the main reasons why Bleach fillers have failed badly (the other reason being that the fillers are completely random and show up at any time, destroying the flow of the main story). Bleach is at it's core, a fighting anime and when they put in fillers in which characters basically fight WEAKER characters than the ones they've encountered and still take 5 episodes to finish them off, it becomes really boring. The Bount arc was really exhausting for me - I mean, these guys are WEAKER than the captains he fought in the previous arc and he's getting beat down so easily.

Haven't seen One Piece, watched Bleach long time ago and liked the soundtrack, but the soundtrack of Naruto is what really blew me away. Had perfect music for every occasion, for sad moments the awesomeness of Sadness And Sorrow,and there is Grief and Sorrow, for fighting scenes really great Strong And Strike, The Raising Fighting Spirit, Turn Over, Raikiri, for main antagonist Orochimaru's Theme, all the songs that helped getting me on the edge of my seat to be honest. And not to mention Naruto Shippuden, the awesome and my favourite Emergence of Talents, then there are Despair, Jinchuuriki, Heaven Shaking Event, fit the mood perfectly, at least for me... Still remain my number one OSTs.

Though I have a lot of gripes about the show, I always really liked the soundtrack for Naruto, especially Hokage's funeral, which I still listen to today when i'm feeling sad, a lot of other songs from it are epic as well, though I can't recall their names, but the ones used during major fight scenes , one of them was played during the sasori fight I think always blew me away, I'd rank it third 4th in the list of soundtracks I listen to, Only Chrono Trigger, Gurren Lagann and Final fantasy 7 outrank it. I'd rank one piece 5th and honestly, other than the openings and endings, I found nothing all that special about the bleach ost.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...