kid punches mum over..

shinji

halo! :o

An Indian River County youth has been accused of assaulting his mother and attacking police, all because he was ordered to stop playing Halo 3. According to TCPalm, trouble began when the youth (whose name and age cannot be stated for legal reasons) was told by his mother to turn off his Xbox 360 as it was getting late. After he refused, his mother took his “air card” (Wi-Fi adaptor) from the 360, preventing him from playing online and prompting a fit of rage that would see the child frantically search through the house, before punching his mum in the face.

The kid then retreated to his room, but soon had to deal with local Sheriff’s deputies, whom his mum had called following the assault. The deputies entered his room using a key kept by the mother, but also fell foul to the youth’s rage: he managed to punch one deputy square in the face before being restrained and handcuffed. He would later be turned over to the state juvenile authorities of charges of battery-domestic violence and battery on a law enforcement officer.

..wtf. ==''

Ugh. Ufortunately I am part of this genereation that has no common sense and not a speck of logic. A kid gets a hissy fit, yes this happens often, but over something as stupid as this? There is no respect in today's youth for their elders and even more of these children and growing up with nothing on their mind.

I can't place all the blame in the children, really, bad parenting is probably one of the causes of this situation. Parent's now a-days have lost the meaning of what old teachings they were given. A child is supposed to know that their parent would give them the world if they COULD. Not, as is this case, that the world revolves around the child.

This is a large contributing factor of why youth's in today's age are getting more aggresive, fighting over things as simple as dirt on a shoe. There are no moral responsibilities in the majority of today's youth. Its a pity, it really is, that our morality is dying with the passing of each generation. Instead, moral rightousness has been replaced with the blood of children, shot over things that don't matter in the real world.

The real world is anything you want it to be. I find that in the case of these "kids" the real world exsists inside a computer or a video-game system. I can sympathise with this situation, but I will not justify it. This kid deserves to be kicked out of his moms house. A little tough life on the street, god forbid a parent should go that far in this day and age, will really teach this kid a thing or to.

What I think is the problem, is that people give their children too much for doing nothing. They don't discipline their children nearly enough which, I understand. Most parents of the older generation were beat to hell as children, or more.. restrained by rules of the house. But that's just the thing, they don't want their children to be unhappy so they take away all rules.

However, there always needs to be rules. A kid that grows up with no rules in life grows up ignoring the rules OF life. That is yet another reason of why are jails are becoming increasingly filled with people of the newer generation.

Life is easy for today's youth, that is for sure. All they have to do is go to school. That's it. There is nothing more important than school. All you have to do is do well in school, and chances are, you'll be able to go to college for free, and earn your trade/skill with minimum effort.

But, unfortunately some kids think their only job is "pwning" the next guy in a Halo ranked match.

What I think is the problem, is that people give their children too much for doing nothing. They don't discipline their children nearly enough which, I understand. Most parents of the older generation were beat to hell as children, or more..

There is a new rule in place where you cannot hit your kids as discipline, im pretty sure it is implemented over here. Of course it still happens, but it is rare in public places where they are hit in the head/ass. Those times are over.

If you think this is bad, then you need to look at other incidents.

Like at a LAN cafe, a player got killed by another dood in the cafe in Counter Strike. So the dood goes up to him and stabs him and kills him.

Then add neglect and dehydration as other causes of death from playing to much World Of Warcraft.

If anything the ease of things should make things easier. When people have no stress they tend to be calmer so I can't think that the ease of things we do now-a-days makes things harder. As for our minds being challenged, I think that in itself can't be the single reason for aggression.

An uneducated man has proven in today's time to be more placid then today's college-bound youth. Why this is, I couldn't explain without covering this entire page with a layer of text. However, I can say that it partly lies in the social settings in which today's youth is now-a-days are being brought up.

I won't say the fault lies with the parent's. That, while in some cases, IS indeed the cases, is not the case in this example. Generally, what the public sees as acceptable has increased out of porportion. The things generally seen on T.V. has long since killed all social standards.

That's understandable to a sense, censorship use to be hell. But, in today's world the lack of is a contributing reason to the fall of moral integrity in society.

Many channels such as VH1, MTV, BET, and maybe Comedy Central are fine examples of what has happened. Not to mention the shows such as Jerry Springer and the various Spike shows that pop up from time to time...