Advice about a Girl

RikuoAmero

Okay guys, I want your opinion on this.

Back in secondary school (high school to you Yanks), there was this quiet girl I thought myself in love with for the six years we were in school together. She never had any friends and always ate alone at lunch. Me being the massive coward I was back then, I never spoke with her. Well, since then, I've changed and I now find myself able to speak with girls.

Well, last night, I was surfing Facebook when I came upon her account, and among the things it mentioned there was she had started liking J Pop, Anime and lolita fashion. Now we haven't seen each other in a few years. Should I use my real facebook account to contact, make up a second one and get to contact her that way, or just move on?

Please give a detailed opinion. More than likely, I will do nothing, it's just...once I saw what she said she liked, I was thinking...I could have had a girlfriend who's into the same geeky stuff I am! Sigh, I guess you never get over your first crush.

hmm... this is a tricky one. If she was as quiet as you say she was, then odds are, she might not remember you. There isn't any harm in contacting her on facebook, but just don't go straight in with something like "hi how are you... want to go out with me"! I've seen people do that before, and they always get rejected. Take things slow, and build up a real friendship with her before making your move.

(sounding like a marige counciler lol)

hmm... this is a tricky one. If she was as quiet as you say she was, then odds are, she might not remember you. There isn't any harm in contacting her on facebook, but just don't go straight in with something like "hi how are you... want to go out with me"! I've seen people do that before, and they always get rejected. Take things slow, and build up a real friendship with her before making your move.

(sounding like a marige counciler lol)

I agree, there is no harm in contacting her on fb , if she doesn't remember well then you will have to start to build up your foundation and take it slowly and get closer with her. If you talk to her regularly maybe she will open up to you. Always create a strong bond before you rush into things not know if you will get hurt. It may take some time, and if the piece fall together correctly then :)

Even if she does remember you, you don't really know her that much, so you should also find out what she really is like, before deciding is she the one for you?

Good Luck.

(shes a quite one too! Ay, man I will never find a girl like that. That is something I want my dream girl to be like, shy and quite.)

Don't message her thinking you'll end up with her right away or anytime within the next month. Just send her a message, add as a friend etc. You never knew her to begin with. So get to know her, see if you like her and let her know you. No lies, no white lies, all truth. For all you know she could have a boyfriend even if not marked on facebook. Also your idea for a fake facebook was stupid ill be blunt. You've got nothing to lose just use common sense. So long as you don't say anything like, "yeah I wanna see you in some lolita" "what is your cup size?" "watch any hentai?" lol i doubt your like that. Maybe name a few animes, ask her if she watches them or just ask what she watches go on don't be shy. If you live your life unable to just say hi you'll never get anywhere

Also does she live in the same town as you? even if not you can still be online friends

Okay thanks guys for the advice.

And Seirachan, I wasn't thinking anything perverse. I understand that anime is a huge thing in the U.S., and thus, its not considered weird to like it.

But back when I was in school (01-07), in Ireland, the only exposure people had to anime was Pokemon and Digimon, so if you went around saying "I like anime", people would think of this kid's cartoon, and thus think of you as weird and geeky, in a bad way.

And at least when I last saw her, about two or three years ago, she was in the same neighbourhood, now just a short bus ride away. Obviously, I don't know if that's still the case.

And Seirachan, I wasn't thinking anything perverse. I understand that anime is a huge thing in the U.S., and thus, its not considered weird to like it.

But back when I was in school (01-07), in Ireland, the only exposure people had to anime was Pokemon and Digimon, so if you went around saying "I like anime", people would think of this kid's cartoon, and thus think of you as weird and geeky, in a bad way.

And at least when I last saw her, about two or three years ago, she was in the same neighbourhood, now just a short bus ride away. Obviously, I don't know if that's still the case.

Tell me about it :L thats why only my friends know about me being an otaku lol

Ireland is weird :P anyway on the topic If I was you I would just go for it when I hesitate about something I always ask myself the same question ''What do you have to lose?'' and it always works :D

I'm not saying you are i was joking lol. Also in Canada you still get made fun of for it. I changed the School Mac's computer background too Naruto and had two guys making fun of me when I'm a freaking girl. So I was kinda upset about it at the time. Now days I would punch their heads in.