Your Reaction To Final Fantasy XIII - 2

Fair

Yes, I do have a response. Duh! Anyone who has ever played the game already knows exactly what that guy pointed out. I know there are stupid parts in those games (I think I've played them, like, five times each), and I already make fun of those parts. Yes, they have stupid moments, but don't all games? It's not like a review from some guy I've never heard of is going to make me change my mind about two of my favorite games. So, yeah, that's pretty much it! Anything else?

i can see you have a habit of missing the point so i'll repeat what Rikuo was saying.

Do you have any counters on those videos apart from "yeah, i know its there. i still like it. that guy can go suck it."

If you wanna say something like that, go right ahead but in future, try not to get upset over every little detail.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first let me say I love the FF series

I kinda liked XIII as a CG movie more than a game

as a game it was way too easy...all you had to do was hit the auto-battle option over and over...and over and over, from the start of the game to finish

to make a sequal they need to do away with that option and go back to a more old-school version for the battle-system

don't get me wrong...I did enjoyed fighting in real-time, and how they made the attacks more like what they show in the cut-scenes, so keep that, but it needs a serious re-vamp

if they do that, I'd love to play

first let me say I love the FF series

I kinda liked XIII as a CG movie more than a game

as a game it was way too easy...all you had to do was hit the auto-battle option over and over...and over and over, from the start of the game to finish

to make a sequal they need to do away with that option and go back to a more old-school version for the battle-system

don't get me wrong...I did enjoyed fighting in real-time, and how they made the attacks more like what they show in the cut-scenes, so keep that, but it needs a serious re-vamp

if they do that, I'd love to play

Not really true, when you wanted to FELL a heavyweight, you had to use Vanielle and use death serveral times, auto-battle didnt even include death. and when i used Posion, slow, etc, then summon, then death over and over

I killed it in 10secs flat. No problems, XIII was a great game, took me over 119hrs to beat it. (Had to make sure i was a high enough lvl to beat orphan) Everyone has their own different opinion about XIII, wouldnt it be odd if we all argeed on everything?

Koby i am just wondering in FF13 have you ever fight all the really hard mission? Because thru my experience thats is where the skills and fun part comes. Those missions don't let you just do auto-battle. Anyways i do get your point, i didnt enjoy the story much but i do like the game play. Altho i am willing to try and play FF13-2 for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only real noticeable problems for XIII was, as Koby will be quick to point out, all you do is go forward and that's it. XIII had no freedom for exploration.

Granted, that never struck me as a problem. I'm much more the type of gamer who can be given a clear idea of what I should be doing versus being given complete and total freedom to do what I want. It's for that reason that it's been hard for me to get into games like Oblivion or Fallout 3 simply because I get confused with all the various things I want to do that simply keep piling up on top of eachother.

But, I do think that bringing back exploring abilities found in the earlier Final Fantasy's wouldn't be a bad idea at all. More like 7,8, and 9 in that you can get out, walk around, get in your airship and travel. I hated that you didn't have too much freedom to do that with 10. You couldn't actually pilot the ship and you couldn't just fly wherever you wanted and land.

However, I hope the battle system stays the same, minus the Auto-Battle choice for the players that didn't like it. In my opinion, the battle system was one of the best I've played. Minus the Auto-Battle, the system was very fast and fluid. If you lost concentration for even a split second, you could very well have found yourself in a semi-bad position.

So, I pray that changes. Obviously, I'm excited for the game. As stated before, I was one of the few, it seems, who genuinely loved the game. And I always have high hopes for sequels. Will it live up to my hopes and expectations? Who knows? But I'm sure as hell willing to give it a chance.

omg u guys that say it wasent a game r all idiots because of auto battle and limitations???

no its called set default to abillities and stop bitching about auto battle its for ppl that rnt that good and for limitations naa im gonna grind like a dumbass for hours on end and make the rest of the game duhhh im so uber powerful now the story line isent a challenge ne more!!! god some ppl r idiots