Thoughts on Soi Fon

Ferocia Coutura

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen Soi Fon is an awesome fighter and if she had had more time to improve her abilities before the fight between Aizen and his army and the soul society I think she probably could have wiped out all of the the Fracción under the three Espada's by herself using her Shikai's Special ability that kills with two strikes to one part of the body along with her incredible speed and proficiency using flash steps.

She's not really in Ichigo's crowd.

She always seems to take the side of those who initially oppose him in any given situation until it is finally proved that he was right all along.

I must admit, I don't really like her very much!

This is because she works as a sort of Sheriff od the Soul Society, if you will. Most of the time, the people opposing Ichigo is the Soul Society, so of course she's always siding with his opposition! She works for them! But yeah, it wouldn't really matter what she thought, because she's very loyal to the Soul Society.

I think she's pretty unique character. I mean she's like 4ft tall and weigh's 60 pounds, but she is still the head of the punishment force, stealth force, and captian of squad 2...I'd count that as pretty bad ass.

As for her always being against ichigo, she is a solider and knows her place is to follow orders despite how she may personally feel. Which is probably why she rarely (if ever) expresses any of her opinions concerning the law.

...still she could get away with easing up just a smidge

Soi Fon is pretty simple to understand. Her rough outer exterior that treats others so badly is simply a mask which guards her true and vulnerable self. This vulnerable state comes not only from the worship she feels towards Yoruichi but also the pain that arose from being abandoned by her for so long.

During the time from when Yoruichi abandoned her to the present day, Soi Fon was able to grow in power considerably only because of the weight she carried from her past. I'd like to share with you a few lines of dialogue between Soi Fon's clone and Konamura from Episode 327.

Konamura: Captain Soi Fon, why do you fight?

Soi Fon: *Heh* Because this is my duty.

Konamura: I see. Just the kind of answer I'd expect from you, Captain Soi Fon.

Konamura: But that can't be all.

Soi Fon: What?

Konamura: Someone who becomes captain cannot increase her powers without bearing some sort of burden.

Konamura: There must be something. A reason for you to fight.

Soi Fon: *Thoughts of Yoruichi flash through her mind*

Konamura: It seems you do have something.

Konamura: We are all fighting for that which we cannot compromise.

Some might call Captain Soi Fon "Yoruichi's bitch" but it's only because of her worship of Yoruichi that she has the massive power she does today. Soi Fon is in charge of one of the deadliest squads of assassins in all of Soul Society and played a crucial role in the defeat of one of the most powerful members of the Espada. She cannot compromise the feelings she has for Yoruichi, and that's what makes her strong.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't like her for the exact same reasons you do... ^^"

But she's also one of my favorites! Her Shiqai itself is very cool, and she's the freaking current captain of squad 2!

I still haven't reached her Bankai, so I don't know about that and neither about her "love relationship" with Yoruichi...

Still, her character is nicely designed and she's one of my top 5 characters in the series! =)

• 4 weeks later...

Soi Fon is awesome because she's realiable. There's more to being a Captain than just being powerful. Stark was one of the strongest characters in the entire series, but he was useless overall. Soi Fon doesn't have to be the most powerful to be one of the most useful characters in Bleach. She puts her duties first, and has no illusions about the limitations of her power. There are so many charatcers who's egos don't allow them to admit they are simply outmatched, Soi Fon doesn't suffer from that. She puts the mission first.

Also I want to say, she's one of the MOST useful in a situation where arises where Zanpakto can't be used. If you took away the ability to use Zanpakto (for whatever the reason) 99% of soul reapers just became helpless, right on down to the great Ichigo himself. The only people who can do anything then are people with high level Kido (the Kido Captain and his assaint 'vizard with bow tie', Cap Commander because he's fucking super strong, Yoroichi/Soi Fon because they have high level hand to hand combat, and then Sandlehat because he uses all those weird gadgets and stuff).

So yeah, I think Soi Fon is great. 8/10 on the useful scale.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...