Are cops useless?

Nero D. Ace

So, yesterday i went to school to pick up my little sister who's in kindergarten and what i saw there was a whole bunch of fully-fledged cops (not traffic, REAL ones) standing right outside the school gate waiting for the 10th and 11th graders to come out so they could give them a ticket for not having a full license, not wearing a helmet, things like that.

then, after a while, they actually went INSIDE the school building so they could make sure the kids wouldn't get out the back gate.

So, i guess what i'm trying to say is "Do cops really that kind of time that they're spending actual police duty time hunting down helpless teenagers and charging them with tickets?"

I mean, the crime rate here is through the roof. Everyday, there are murders, rapes, thefts and all the cops seem to be interested in is charging tickets. Are these the kind of guys we're paying taxes for?

That is so true, isn't their motto : "Protect and Serve".

Because I don't see how they protect people by waiting outside the school and giving them tickets

Of course if the students don't have a driver's license they could be dangerous because they've not been "officially" accepted as drivers. I'm not saying they're absolutely not good at driving, because they could be good. Like me, by example, i've been driving for less than a year but i'm way better than a lot of people.

ug I've had lots of problems with police. Once one of my brothers friends ran into our house and locked the door with a drunk psycho chick chasing him and then tried to climb through the window so my brother closed it. So she fucking smashed the thing. Thus we called the cops but she walked away while they weren't looking. Then the jackass police said, "Don't call us over such little things" uhh window smashed? do something she broke our fucking window.

Once me and my now ex-bf were walking along then pasted a group of natives. One way in behind was laughing around, "your girlfriends got a nice ass haha". So my ex-bf got mad and the while group runs down while the other guy runs off. They start yelling making no sense pushing my ex-bf around and trying to get him hit by a car. While one tries to grab my hand and asks me to come with him. I don't remember how we got outta that but we went straight to the police station cause it wasn't far. Had to use the emergency phone cause it was already closed.

So we were stuck waiting on hold for 30 minutes and we gave up. So we went into Save On's and got a ride back. They were right across from the house on a hill. So we phoned the cops again for them to come down. 3 hours later there was no one. So we called again and an officer explains no one there knew what they were doing until he started shift. So we were like, great and they got away already.

aside from that it was mostly my "friends" fault on another chase. Everyone was all retarded and saying that I can't leave my house cause I cut myself to relieve some fucking anger. My brother punched me around for trying to get out and away from the retarded morons and see my boyfriend. I had already dealt with the police once that day because my mom called them for leaving cause she was pissing me off (I'm 19 years old i shouldn't have to deal with that). But luckily they checked my wrists not my arm.

So the second I could i ran out the fucking door to see my bro chasing me so i told him id call the cops for harassment plus he beat me up for trying to get outside. But he said he was just gonna walk with me. but we later found one of the big fucking morons called the cops AGAIN and he also explained where I cut. All i could do at this point was scream that I don't fucking care about their job and get into a agreement about seeing my boyfriend. I even asked then "DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN HARASS SOME POOR GIRL ALL FUCKING DAY"? But i was forced to go to the hospital for 5 hours with 0 rights and would be sent to jail if i left. I got through that surprisingly and went right to my boyfriend who's gone through the same shit and felt for me.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't say they are useless, but lots of things come with being a cop. Being a cop also that assuming something can mean your job. They may hear of all the rape, murders and stuff but do they know where to go, what to do and etc... Also, when someone says murder or rape, that kind of implies that it is already too late to do something. When your a cop, you are not allowed to act individually and if you do while in uniform, expect a court case going your way.

Since I know someone in the police force for my country very well, I can tell that they are definitely not useless, anyone who knows someone who is involved in law enforcement should say the same thing, the man I know get's almost no sleep and works very hard and his life is in danger almost all the time, just the other day he almost had his leg blown off by a trap gun and another police officer was shot and killed, they confront danger on a daily basis and they deserve more respect than they get in my opinion, there are many genuinely hard working police officers who get a bad name mainly because of the large amount of corruption amongst higher ups and public misunderstanding. If the police harass you because someone reported you, blame the person who reported you, if they monitor your school all day, then it's probably because someone in the school requested it, it's their duty to respond to reports and to do other stuff for the public no matter how stupid it is.

Since I know someone in the police force for my country very well, I can tell that they are definitely not useless, anyone who knows someone who is involved in law enforcement should say the same thing, the man I know get's almost no sleep and works very hard and his life is in danger almost all the time, just the other day he almost had his leg blown off by a trap gun and another police officer was shot and killed, they confront danger on a daily basis and they deserve more respect than they get in my opinion, there are many genuinely hard working police officers who get a bad name mainly because of the large amount of corruption amongst higher ups and public misunderstanding. If the police harass you because someone reported you, blame the person who reported you, if they monitor your school all day, then it's probably because someone in the school requested it, it's their duty to respond to reports and to do other stuff for the public no matter how stupid it is.

The bad ones are in small towns where not much really goes in, in your chase your police are risking their lives on daily basis that's respectable. However there are some asshole cops out there and some that just have no idea what they are doing. It's bad when you sit on the police emergency phone for 30 minutes. It's bad when they take 3 hours to show up at your house. ect.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't call them useless, but the purpose they served is no longer what they stand for. These people are supposed to be heroes, but your average cop is a high school dropout with an ego inversely proportionate to his/hers intelligence.

I would say get rid of them, but people are so hell bent on rioting and committing crimes that a watchdog becomes necessary.

I wouldn't say we're useless, but since by necessity most of our work takes place after a crime has already happened, we are not nearly as effective as we should be.

As for the cops in your example, if there are a lot of underage drivers in your school, I'd say blocking the gate is exactly where they should have been.

I agree with the muscular cop up there. Just because they can't be everywhere at once, doesn't make them useless. No doubt that it helps to live near a heavily patrolled area, though that also usually means a higher crime area, so it's a tossup if it makes you safer or not.

Saying that they are useless because they take 5 minutes to get to you is ridiculous. Takes just as long for an ambulance to get to you, sometimes longer. Are EMTs useless then? Firemen? They might not be there in time to catch the guy right away, but they will catch him.