Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1

MABFanForLife

Gonna state this right off the bat: If you only read it once when it first came out, I don't want to hear your opinion of the movie. I only want the opinions of individuals that know the story inside and out.

As a huge fan of the books and a huge critic of the movies, is it worth the 20 dollars I'd pay to get in, get a drink and snacks, or should I just avoid it all together?

Because, I'm honestly surprised. They broke it down into two parts so that they could fit all of it within two parts. But they end the first one shortly after landing at Bill's place, which means the movie covers almost three-fours of the book. All that leaves the second movie is Gringotts and Hogwarts. So this is already making me skeptical.

And, to be honest, I'm afraid that if I watch it, all I'm going to see are things thrown in by the director because they failed to show the importance of said object, place, or person earlier in the series.

In short, I have little hopes for this movie. However, if a knowledgable fan(s) has seen it, I would like an honest opinion of whether or not I should invest my time and money and go see it.

• 1 month later...

I didn't care for any of the other harry potter movies, read all the books, but this movie was a great. It was long which is good because it did the book justice. The half blood prince put me in such a bad mood that I told myself I wouldn't watch the last two films. but I was dragged into the theater anyway and I sat there wanting to hate it, but I couldn't. it hit all the right notes and covers mostly everything. I'm not sure that they have enough stuff left to have made a part two out of, but my brother says otherwise.

• 1 month later...

As a film in the Harry Potter series, it's probably one of the best in the bunch. Slow in the middle, but still solid. As a film ABOUT the Harry Potter series, it does a good job compared to the earlier films. I'd say go for it in theaters, even though the first 15 minutes were so dark I thought they didn't turn the projector on.

I think it was a good movie, truthfully I have not read any of the books so I cant say how close the movie sticks to it or any of the others for that mater. However haveing seen all the other movies in progression, im looking forward to the final installment of the series.

Well as I keep telling people: The movie is never as good at the book.

That will always be a fact.

I have read all the books and seen all the movies so far. And knowing the fact I mentioned above I was not disappointed (I didn't expect the movie to be all that great). But having said that I like the movies for their own reasons (though I did imagine the Twins much cuter then the actors).

Now, if you go in with no expectation at all the move (if you STOP compering it to the book) will turn out to be rather enjoyable. But after watching the movies I like to sit back and read the book, sit there think over the differences and say "oh I like how they did that in the movie, but I like this part better in the book."

So watch it, but dont compere it to the books.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it followed the story fairly well. So far, everyone who was supposed to die has died, the only thing we really missed out on in that regard was the suspense during the initial escape from Harry's house when Hagrid fell and you were supposed to think he was dead. They did leave out a bit of the history between Dumbledore and Grindewald. but that could easily be brought in in the next movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...