Does it get better?

korrodedkorpse

• 1 month later...
Anything with progressively growing boobs automatically has me as it's number one fan!

+1

I'd have to say that I only really started to enjoy OP at the davy back fight. Don't ask me why....

I'm on the water 7 arc at the moment, loved the twist, totally unexpected for OP. In OP good is good and bad is bad, so it was quite refreshing:D

just alabasta and sky island arcs were a tad slow, far to much laughing by the villains.

I admit I didn't like it at first either. My friend Alkin kept nagging me to watch it because it gets better as it progresses. Right now I am up to Ep 397 and I rate it around 6.5-7/10. But thats just me. I like One Piece now although it took time. By the time I am up to date with with One Piece I can assume I will be rating it around 8/10. I will return to this post once I get there xD, now off to watch One Piece!

One Piece has peaks where it gets really good the first parts are a little dull...i don't know exactly how to do this so....

(SPOILER)

When they Fight Arlong it goes up

When they get chopper its A little Boring

When they Protect Alabasta it goes back up

Sky Island is the most boring Arc IMO

Then We get to The saving Robin Arc Where it gets REALLLY good

Then they get Brook and well....Idk....Its good but only at the end...The beginning is so dull and i felt like Oda just wanted weird looking villians

Then we Go to Sabondy...which is more interesting, but then all of them get seperated and then it gets boring until

Impel Down and Saving Ace where it peaks at awesomeness

(SPOILER)

To me, One Piece is one of the few shows that continues to improve the longer it goes on. I really did not like it to start with but I now await the newest episode every week. Perhaps the biggest barrier to enjoying the show is trudging through the earlier episodes though, as it took me about 50 to start liking it. It really depends on how much patience you have.

I guess I will concede that some of the arcs are pretty slow paced which always bothers me when I am watching them, but I find that it makes the conclusion to them that much more satisfying. There's pretty much nothing as cathartic as Luffy kicking some ass, especially when you know/get invested in the characters.

• 1 month later...

You have to watch at least the first 7 episodes of any anime series to get hooked on it. One Piece it´s not the case, well, I just oled it when i saw the first episode, but I think that you have to see at least all up to the end of Alabasta arc to know if you like it or not.

• 2 weeks later...