Dororo [2019]

gskumar

Dororo

81E-48YQj-L._RI_.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

A samurai lord has bartered away his newborn son's organs to forty-eight demons in exchange for dominance on the battlefield. Yet, the abandoned infant survives thanks to a medicine man who equips him with primitive prosthetics—lethal ones with which the wronged son will use to hunt down the multitude of demons to reclaim his body one piece at a time, before confronting his father. On his journeys the young hero encounters an orphan who claims to be the greatest thief in Japan.

(Source: Vertical Inc.)

I just saw this anime and it was awesome. This has very strong intro which was really unique. And the story is also looking very good, animations were mediocre but the music just elevates the story; undoubtedly it is the strongest point of anime. This one definitely took my interest. If someone is looking for a unique anime with super natural  or samurai style setting then I really recommend this. Only 3 ep came so far and can't wait for further episodes. I would like to hear your opinions as well. PLEASE USE SPOILER TAG WHEN EVER THERE IS ANY (。◕‿◕。)

I love the opening song for this😍  

57 minutes ago, Beave said:

I've been watching it this season and it's an interesting anime. The anime pulls you in even more after each episode.

That's true. Each episode gives us the insight of the world they live. It seems there is old anime as well but I don't how good that is. This one is definitely A1 quality material

• Like 1

• Koby changed the title to Dororo [2019]
  • 1 month later...

Sad there isn't much discussion of this series here. FYI, this is a remake of the 1969 anime series, which itself is based on a manga by Osamu Tezuka (Astro Boy). Dororo was also the first entry of the Masterpiece Theater series of anime adaptations of classical works like Anne of Green Gables and The Sound of Music. A videogame titled "Blood Will Tell", which is based on Dororo, was released for the Playstation 2 in the US and Japan.

The story of Dororo is loosely set during the early period of the Sengoku Jidai, more specifically the Kaga Rebellion, as the series is set in Kaga province. The land of which the Daigo clan controls is what will be modern-day Ishikawa District.

10 minutes ago, gunleon said:

Sad there isn't much discussion of this series here.

It's on my "Planned to Watch" list, but I just haven't had time to start on it. Fallen behind on most anime, so only been keeping up with a few and didn't start several I opted to pick up this past season.

Even though the original manga lasted a mere 4 volumes, the story is more or less complete. The anime remake did had a number of changes from the manga, with the most recent episode changing the fate of one character.

There's also an ongoing manga series titled Dororo to Hyakkimaru Den serialized in Champion Red (the same magazine that publishes Berserk), in which not only its events also differ from the manga, but has gone beyond the manga's ending by featuring Dororo as an adult.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...