Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro

Midghost

1 minute ago, markiemarcus said:

Suikoden, now there's a franchise that still on my list of "yet to play". Looks great, I'll have to find the time over the holidays. Any standout in particular?

To be honest the only one I've gotten around to was the 4th. I've been meaning to play the rest, but just never have. Always something else to play. I'm told the 4th was actually one of the weaker entries. If that is really the case then I'm sure to enjoy the others as I had fun with it and thought it was fairly decent.

• Like 1

The controllers are a mixed bag for me. The PS2 controller I found really comfortable, but the PS3 one I struggled with. They raised the height of the analogue sticks and if you've long digits you have to bend them constantly to get any sort of precision out of them. The triggers were a disaster, the exact opposite shape they should've been. The PS4 controller is really great, as is the 2nd rev of the XB1 controller. The 1st rev had a really silly pivot design on the top bumpers that limited where you could press them. I don't know what the hell the designers were thinking there. Bizarre.

And Jesus, that D-pad on the Xbox 360 controller. THAT was awful.

Edited by markiemarcus

• 2 months later...

I personally think that since all of them are x84-based there is little reason to worry about graphics. Well, unless if you really, really, need a 4K bluray player and you're in the Xbox ecosystem. I've personally been towards the playstation and nintendo. While growing up, my parents had Nintendo, but when I came to the US, my bro and I manage to get our first PS1 and it was different. The only Xbox product I've owned in my entire lifetime (and still do!) is an OG Xbox that I got from a local electronics/video game store that went out of business back in 2007/08, and a cheapo 360 controller (my bro has an actual 360 controller lol). [To anyone wondering, it was 14 bucks with a 50% all-must-go discount, with a "broken" disc player]

Anyway, both has its advantages, such as the PS4 Pro giving you 4K and/or 60fps, while the Xbone gives you more powar, and much better backward compatibility with its older titles. The PS4 has exclusives that aren't on Xbox or PC, while the Xbone gives you cross-play with Win10 and your xbone with most of its original titles. 

Regardless, most games are now released on most major platforms so it really comes down to what your needs are, and what your squad plays with the most. For me, I'm kinda forever locked to PS cuz all of my purchases and such lol

• Like 1

@Vila ah that's nice to hear lol! I was in the same boat for all PlayStation consoles up till the PS4 and nowadays the Switch keeps making me regret getting that console with my change in tastes and the news regarding censorship that wasn't on the Nintendo ports (which is hella ironic and I love it hehe). With mates, everyone rolled the 360 and One here so I was mostly left out in the multiplayer department but eh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ka44tsUU said:

@Vila ah that's nice to hear lol! I was in the same boat for all PlayStation consoles up till the PS4 and nowadays the Switch keeps making me regret getting that console with my change in tastes and the news regarding censorship that wasn't on the Nintendo ports (which is hella ironic and I love it hehe). With mates, everyone rolled the 360 and One here so I was mostly left out in the multiplayer department but eh

I really hope more online games offer cross-platform. 

The thing about the Switch is that I kinda dislike Nintendo's way of doing online. It's cheaper than PS+, yes, but at least Sony's online method of doing things are much more stable. I remember how frustrated it was to enjoy Splatoon 2 after a while, and then came the paid membership to all users. 

I barely know anyone that is on Xbox.. possibly one that was on 360 but they got a PS4 eventually so yea lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No offence to anyone, but buying an Xbox in 2019 is one hundred percent useless. The sheer amount of exclusives that the PS4 has snagged(GoW, Spider-Man, Reds Dead being the big 3 of 2018) gives it such a huge advantage that you basically have nothing great to play on the Xbox (unless the only game you wanna play is Forza).

Edited by dealvidit
  • Haha 1