Goblin Slayer

Koby

1 hour ago, blackblades said:

bunny girl I'll pass

What's the reason? It is definitely not What you think it is. Don't be fooled by the title and description(why is everyone saying this just because the title looks wierd?) I admit title looks wierd but the story is really good it connects quantam mechanics principles like schrodinger cat, quantam entanglement, laplace devil etc to explain the phenomenon going around, just see 1st episode and decide by yourself. It is definitely the best anime this season. Character development is good, has cheeky dialogues. I seriously recommend to watch a ep before dropping off.

zombie land I seen that on here earlier. Confusing from the pictures there human and zombies.

Story is extremely simple cute girls dies due to some accident and are revived as zombie and their job/dream is to become a idol group. It's funny and good, at least you won't get bored for entire episode. And watch this in dubs, dub for manger is extremely good. Give 1st episode a try.

Edited by gskumar
Typos

1 hour ago, gskumar said:

What's the reason? It is definitely not What you think it is. Don't be fooled by the title and description(why is everyone saying this just because the title looks wierd?) I admit title looks wierd but the story is really good it connects quantam mechanics principles like schrodinger cat, quantam entanglement, laplace devil etc to explain the phenomenon going around, just see 1st episode and decide by yourself. It is definitely the best anime this season. Character development is good, has cheeky dialogues. I seriously recommend to watch a ep before dropping off.

Story is extremely simple cute girls dies due to some accident and are revived as zombie and their job/dream is to become a idol group. It's funny and good, at least you won't get bored for entire episode. And watch this in dubs, dub for manger is extremely good. Give 1st episode a try.

Lol your right sorry, the name was really the reason. I'll probably give it a shot.

Lol your right sorry, the name was really the reason. I'll probably give it a shot.

no need to apoligise. See the first ep, If you didn't like it that's fine; after all everyone has own tastes. Will wait for opinion no matter what it is😁. I am a open minded guy so don't hesitate to talk to me🤗

I heard every one was all out of sorts over the first episode's rape scene. I watched it expecting the worst and was really surprised how tame it was based off of every one's reaction. Have people not seen Berserk? Is it because the Goblin Slayer looks to be more of a mild show, even though it's super violent. I don't think the episode needed to have it in as much detail as it did but I'm just surprised by the over reaction. Was it advertised to be an all ages show? Are the folks offended or upset by this also offended by stuff like Ninja Scroll or Wicked City? So far I've watched the first 5 episodes and it's alright, I throw it one when I'm not looking to focus on something important. It's an average show so far. 

@Koby Your avvy and signature is contradicting based on your opinions of it.

3 hours ago, splintersan said:

I heard every one was all out of sorts over the first episode's rape scene. I watched it expecting the worst and was really surprised how tame it was based off of every one's reaction. Have people not seen Berserk? Is it because the Goblin Slayer looks to be more of a mild show, even though it's super violent. I don't think the episode needed to have it in as much detail as it did but I'm just surprised by the over reaction. Was it advertised to be an all ages show? Are the folks offended or upset by this also offended by stuff like Ninja Scroll or Wicked City? So far I've watched the first 5 episodes and it's alright, I throw it one when I'm not looking to focus on something important. It's an average show so far. 

You're assuming everyone has seen Berserk. I have not. Most people who may be losing their shit over it was how intense it was since Berserk. The fact this series is a lot more tame since the first episode, the reactions of it have died off quite drastically.

2 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

@Koby Your avvy and signature is contradicting based on your opinions of it.

How so? I didn't say I didn't like the show. It's still my second favorite of the season (come on this season was a weak anime season), it's just it doesn't feel like it's living up to the potential of the source material.

7 hours ago, splintersan said:

I watched it expecting the worst and was really surprised how tame it was based off of every one's reaction.

This is what happens when you watch something with reviews/audience talk. If you have watched the show like I did with no expectations what so ever then you would definitely be surprised. I agree with fact "tame", yes show is totally tame as well as lame.

8 hours ago, splintersan said:

Was it advertised to be an all ages show?

Is mal profile considered advt? If yes then before the first episode it is PG-13 after they changed to R 17+

2 hours ago, Koby said:

come on this season was a weak anime season

It is not entirely weak we have FT, slime which lived upto it's expectations. And the bunny girl which is a dark horse and infact it the one of the best show of my entire anime watching(Everyone is avoiding this as a plague just bcz of title; Don't be fooled guys). Well we have next season filled with exciting titles like Date A live 3, mob psycho 2, code geass movie, raising of the shield hero(premise looks promising), promised neverland(Most excited on this)

2 hours ago, gskumar said:

It is not entirely weak we have FT, slime which lived upto it's expectations. And the bunny girl which is a dark horse and infact it the one of the best show of my entire anime watching(Everyone is avoiding this as a plague just bcz of title; Don't be fooled guys). Well we have next season filled with exciting titles like Date A live 3, mob psycho 2, code geass movie, raising of the shield hero(premise looks promising), promised neverland(Most excited on this)

Bunny Girl bored me to pieces on the first half of episode one. If I'm already bored halfway through one episode, you failed at episode one. Just sayin'.

Edited by NeutralHatred

1 hour ago, NeutralHatred said:

Bunny Girl bored me to pieces on the first half of episode one. If I'm already bored halfway through one episode, you failed at episode one. Just sayin'.

Did you complete the episode?. The part which caught my attention is the dialogue when heroine touches the hero's body and makes weird noise. Those set of dialogue made this series interesting. Well it is not everyones' cup of tea I guess, I liked the dialogues in it. May be I got connected bcz I am a geek and like to learn physics related stuff and what they said is true about the quantam physics(can't help it comes with work), and is well meshed with the story. 

That's why I say watch one ep, didn't like it drop it. That is what I do

Edited by gskumar

• 2 months later...

Goblin Slayer...

Nice watch but never really managed to maintain dark-fantasy feel that it had in the first episode.

Still, I liked the idea of a hero who never takes of his helmet getting all the interest from the ladies.

Putting on the paper-bag just might work afterall...

Nah! Only in anime...

Manga...

or maybe Japan!

Just my two bits.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, ezikialrage said:

I enjoyed the series. I didn't really think it was that disturbing or intense. Then again I seen some anime like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni,Elfien lied, Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection and some others.

Yeah aside from a single scene in ep1, Goblin Slayer was very mild in comparison to many series.

• 2 weeks later...