Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Koby

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

6WW86LF.jpgyzZTRq4.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

Nine months have passed since teen soldier Sousuke Sagara first became Kaname Chidori's covert protector. In that time, Mithril has been remarkably successful at thwarting Amalgam's efforts, but this has only made Amalgam more determined. Leonard Testarossa's visits with Tessa and Kaname are just preludes to all-out attacks that begin with global communications disruptions. Kaname's status as a Whispered makes her one of Amalgam's main targets, which means that any semblance of a peaceful life at Jindai Municipal High School is now over for her.

Someone on the MAL board jotted down bullet points roughly of what took place with the previous series in case anyone needed a quick brief recap since it's been like 12 years since the last season aired.

Super condensed summary with little detail, off the top of my head. It's been a long time!

• Chidori and Sousuke struggle with their "relationship".
  • Some dude faps to kittens. I'm not kidding.
  • Sousuke gets taken off Chidori's body guard detail.
  • Both Chidori and Sousuke realize how much they miss and mean to each other.
  • Thesa's brother appears and kisses Chidori (because plot).
  • Some bad shit happens with the kitten fapper and some hot twins.
  • Sousuke finds Gauron's leftovers (thought he was dead), and he is told that Chidori is dead.
  • Sousuke ends up wondering around in China(?) after walking away from a mission.
  • Chidori finds Sousuke (because plot).
  • She kicks his ass (because comedy).
  • Sousuke gets reassigned to Chidori and they ride the train into the sunset, literally.
  • Thesa "dreamwalks" and get naughty with Sousuke, but since its Sousuke nothing happens (because... idk why)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I really love the fact that Funimation got most of the primary Eng cast back for the new season. I've always preferred FMP in Eng over the Japanese. Like, dear god, Shinji's voice is awful in JP (Mamiko Noto should never be cast as male characters ever with her airy high pitched voice).

Edited by Inverti

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 6:50 AM, Ryrynz said:

Good series, I just wish it was a bit more serious, I'm pretty sure that was more the case with S1.. 

This season is full on serious. It jumps straight into action from the start and hasn't let up yet.

The dub is great too except for the sole black guy who sounds like he's trying to talk without moving his tongue. Happy that after such a long lapse between seasons FUNimation was still able to bring back the majority of the original cast.

Edited by Hayato
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am a long standing fan of this property and this season has not disappointed me so far (up to ep 8.5 dubbed as I write this), but I never know until the end of a season/series, if the rebooted Battlestar Galactica taught me anything it was that (yes, still holding grudges for that ending), but so far my hopes are high.  I am so glad that this is getting continued, almost as glad as I was to see Yamato getting a second season and more importantly finally getting DUBBED!!!  Given the nostalgia value of Star Blazers to my NA age group I could not understand the many years delay for that, and at least S2 is getting dubbed much faster.  So far though this series and S2 Yamato and Ancient Magus Bride have been the only things I have had the time and energy to follow and focus on (dying parents take a lot out of one), and right now IV is the one I am most hooked into, there is something about Sousuke's development from pure child soldier into a real more fully human personality I find exceptionally endearing, especially the way Kanami has enabled it, and this story continues that IMHO.  The action sequences have also not disappointed, far from it but then in this series I never had much issues there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:29 PM, Koby said:

We knew going into it that it would take about 24 episodes, not 12, to finish the novels.

I thought I had read "this" season was going to end the novel. But, I must have misunderstood. Do we know when the next season will air? Please don't say another 10 years. 😂

Just now, StarSaber said:

I thought I had read "this" season was going to end the novel. But, I must have misunderstood. Do we know when the next season will air? Please don't say another 10 years. 😂

The Second Raid ended where the 5th novel did. There are 12 novels by the way. Invisible Victory ended around the end of the 9th novel. Meaning they covered 4 novels within the 12 episodes and have only 3 novels left to cover.

As for when the next season happens, your guess is as good as mine. There hasn't been any announcements yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...