Dexter's Laboratory Madman DVD Questions

Arian

Yesterday I learned that Dexter's Laboratory's complete series was released last October in Australia by Madman Entertainment on 12 discs.

https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/39922/dexter-s-laboratory-collected-experiments

What I'd like to know is if the banned Barbequor episode from season 1 is included. I know it was on the original "Season 1" set from Madman, but that was 7 years before.

Also, does anybody know if the Ego Trip movie is included in this set? (This is highly unlikely)

If you have any information or leads, let me know and thanks.

Edited by Arian

I tried a few websites for you but no luck on my part. Here is one thing interesting though..

78episodes x 22minutes = 1716 minutes while this Collected Experiments dvd is advertising 1804 minutes.

Ego Trip being 50 minutes it seems very possible to be in this collection.

That's a lot of Dexter! My collection I've been ripping the episodes apart 1a,1b,1c.... Takes a long time but one plus will be I can have a shortcut folder with just the Dial M for Monkey episodes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Hi. I have an answer for you: All the episodes and segments are there except this one. I didn't even know it was banned. I thought they made an error, but now I realize it was intentional. It's quite a weak segment, but still, this omission is very annoying.

What they did, instead, is repeat "Dexter's Lab: A Story", from season 2's episode 24, so instead of Barbequor, season 1 episode 4 in this set has Double Trouble, Dexter's Lab: A Story, and Dexter's Laboratory (the pilot episode, also called "Changes" elsewhere).

Edited by bugmenot22
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bugmenot22 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi. I have an answer for you: All the episodes and segments are there except this one. I didn't even know it was banned. I thought they made an error, but now I realize it was intentional. It's quite a weak segment, but still, this omission is very annoying.

What they did, instead, is repeat "Dexter's Lab: A Story", from season 2's episode 24, so instead of Barbequor, season 1 episode 4 in this set has Double Trouble, Dexter's Lab: A Story, and Dexter's Laboratory (the pilot episode, also called "Changes" elsewhere).

That doesn't really answer any of my questions. Do you actually own the new Madman set? Is Barbequor not on there but Ego Trip is? You have to be more specific, because I know for a fact the original Season 1 Madman release did have Barbequor on it.

Just now, Ladu101 said:

I'm guessing you've tried the Contact Us link at the Bottom of the Webpage? Madman are generally good when dealing with questions. The only person who I think would have more information about it might be Kirben.

Well, no. But I did try creating an account on the Madman forums, and I've been waiting for an admin to activate my account ever since. -_-

But I guess I could try emailing them directly.

@Ladu101 I took your advice, emailed Madman, and they got back to me the next day:

Spoiler

Hi Arian,

Thanks for that info.
Barbequor is not on this release unfortunately. However the movie Ego Trip is!

Hope this info helps!

Kind regards,

Liz

What a twist! Though Barbequor was on the previous Madman release as well as a South African release of Season 1, so now we have them BOTH on DVD!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...