What is be the best anime series to get into for a new comer?

olympustenay

I had seen some anime shows before but never really go into it. I recently got really interested in anime due to this website. 

I have seen the following anime series before:

I absolutely loved Street fighter 2 V and Tekken animated movie. I got into them due to the games. 

I watched little bit of Speed racer and Captain tsubasa, dragon ball kai and thought they were good.

Yosuga no sora was pervy but fun ;)

I found pokemon, one piece, digimon and doraemon incredibly boring.

Your thoughts?

certainly not cowboy bebop (someone usually recommends it for newcomers, but even though I like it, i'd probably wouldn't watching anime if I started with it xD )

anyway since you like fights try fate UBW- https://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works  (theres a kametsu release in here---and if you like it then fate zero https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero

tons of action and id say its relatively easy to follow. you can do the opposite zero then ubw for a more conventional experience-- thats the actual airing order too- but meh live bit dangerously  :P zero is meant to be prequel and companion to 

UBW. watching it first makes things easier but linear too.

or assassination classroom (2 seasons) if you like the premise https://myanimelist.net/anime/24833/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu_TV?q=assasination

or watch some studio ghibli movies.

or say what genres you ll probably like. anime is like any other series. nobody likes every genre. i can recommend you a great drama or a scifi or heroic fantasy or a comedy eg, but idk if you like those genres

Edited by sfaxt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh wow.... you are wide open for a ton of recommendations. There are so many great series out there:

Let's start you off with some more recent ones.  Watch Attach on Titan ( Great story, but don't be afraid of a little gore.)  Then move on to My Hero Academia - don't let the character designs scare you away....this show has a lot of heart. It will make you laugh, cry, and will often have you on the edge of your seat. If you like fighting using strategy and special powers, you'll like this show.

BTW - Full Metal Alchemist is (in fact) one of the best series I have ever seen.

Those should keep you busy for a while.   

• 2 weeks later...

If you want short anime's with no long commitments

FLCL (6 episodes) - doesn't make sense but it is weird, fun, and short. such a cult classic that adult swim/toonami has finally ordered 2 more seasons that are coming out next year.

Full metal panic fumoffu (12 episodes) - you can skip the canon series Full metal Panic and Full metal panic the 2nd raid as this series is more of an ova/standalone. it is funny as hell. to understand the characters you need to see the 1-3 episodes of full metal panic but if you just want to laugh just watch fumoffuu 1st. believe me you wont regret it.

Hellsing Ultimate (10 episodes) - art is amazing and each episode is an hour but it sums up the whole manga

• 4 weeks later...

Dragon Ball, Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Attack on Titan Tokyo Ghoul, and Steins Gate are among my absolute favourites...

If you're going for funny, FMA:B gets me, as does the original Dragon Ball.

But this is coming from a One Piece fan, so don't feel bad if you don't agree with all of these!