Jump to content
olympustenay

What is your age and why are you still downloading cartoons?

Recommended Posts

26 here and the biggest 2 reasons are nostalgia and the fact that most of today's stuff are trash tier.

Besides Rick and Morty, Legend of Korra and Gravity Falls there is nothing in the past 5 years that has even remotely grabbed my attention. Ok, samurai jack, but that probably doesn't count since it's a continuation of sorts.

Not to mention the fact that most of the older series have many puns and sly stuff you couldn't pick up on when you were little.

Just watch some Ed, Edd'n Eddy or Johnny Bravo and you'll see what I'm getting at.

J.B.: "It's a beautiful day ... but not as beautiful as me.". Gets me every damn time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27, and I enjoy a good lighthearted laugh plus I find inspiration for my own art. Most TV today seems in a race to who can produce the most shocking and gritty show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I asked this question because I have been downloading some of my favorites. I realized yesterday that I am 28 years old and maybe I am just wasting my time and space because I may not like cartoons anymore :(. Also people may make fun of me for watching cartoons at my age :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, olympustenay said:

Also people may make fun of me for watching cartoons at my age :(

Stupid people yea

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To quote something I heard a classmate say in middle school "I'm not a child for liking spongebob you just have god awful taste. You don't like spongebob and you think I have a problem?"

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, olympustenay said:

Did you ever have this problem ? Or you just don't tell people ?

Actually yea friends made fun of me for watching 30s cartoons but I could care less lol. Then I watch something like Regular Show and they say finally something good smfh

Edited by DabDeity710

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

Actually yea friends made fun of me for watching 30s cartoons but I could care less lol. Then I watch something like Regular Show and they say finally something good smfh

Well at least it was not for watching cartoons at your age. For me it is different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, olympustenay said:

Well at least it was not for watching cartoons at your age. For me it is different

I'd imagine it's different for you cuz you're 28 and I'm 20 but people made fun of me for only watching cartoons for a period of time, but that's different than simply watching them. Still a good show's a good show plain and simple. How many of these shows do you think are actually made with the intent of pleasing children? That's not the creation process for a real cartoon (maybe Micky Mouse Clubhouse and the pre school crap but not actual stuff) they try to make themselves laugh, I guess they feel like if they don't find it funny why the hell would we. Stuff like spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, PPG whatever it's made with the intention of being flat out funny for all ages. Hell Looney Tunes and the older cartoons are actually made for adults, that's why they have to censor the life out of them when they play them on tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

I'd imagine it's different for you cuz you're 28 and I'm 20 but people made fun of me for only watching cartoons for a period of time, but that's different than simply watching them. Still a good show's a good show plain and simple. How many of these shows do you think are actually made with the intent of pleasing children? That's not the creation process for a real cartoon (maybe Micky Mouse Clubhouse and the pre school crap but not actual stuff) they try to make themselves laugh, I guess they feel like if they don't find it funny why the hell would we. Stuff like spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, PPG whatever it's made with the intention of being flat out funny for all ages. Hell Looney Tunes and the older cartoons are actually made for adults, that's why they have to censor the life out of them when they play them on tv

That is true. Also rockos modern Life is quite adult for kids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, olympustenay said:

That is true. Also rockos modern Life is quite adult for kids

Indeed. Quite a few. Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel, 2 Stupid Dogs, Ed Edd n Eddy, Invader Zim, etc. You even have shows with a more adult tone despite being totally child friendly like Batman TAS really anything DCAU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few of my family's acquaintences telling me that video games and cartoons are for kids. Back then I remained silent, though rather annoyed. Now I blast at them for such bullshit statements. I'm like "does that bother you so much?" I'm not gonna "discontinue my favorites" just because they don't approve it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

I have a few of my family's acquaintences telling me that video games and cartoons are for kids. Back then I remained silent, though rather annoyed. Now I blast at them for such bullshit statements. I'm like "does that bother you so much?" I'm not gonna "discontinue my favorites" just because they don't approve it.

How old are you ? I had family members laugh at me for playing games. "Do you still play them?" One of the members even asked me to give my ps 2 to my six year old cousin. I still play that. I bought it from my savings. Why should I give it to someone ? And they even let that six year old play GTA on their computers. Due to this I don't play video games when these people are around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 26 and I never gave a frack if I play video games. I can only tolerate sarcastic remarks at work bc it's my only free time to play whenever I get bored amd they don't seem to care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

I'm 26 and I never gave a frack if I play video games. I can only tolerate sarcastic remarks at work bc it's my only free time to play whenever I get bored amd they don't seem to care.

You play videogames at your work ? What is your job ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gamestop lol. Just clerical work at a clinic, sometimes I'm only useful as a "fill in" as I have no set task, which is what happened for 2 wks straight. After today, it's back to complete boredom. -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×