Netflix 5.1 Surround Sound for Windows 8.1

Tooncore

Netflix 5.1 Surround Sound for Windows 8.1

Does anyone know how to play Netflix on Windows 8.1 PC and actually get 5.1 Surround Sound ?

I cannot in the Windows app, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome and get 5.1 Surround Sound. Other 5.1 files whether on my hard drive or online elsewhere play 5.1 no problem.

Does anyone know of a solution or a work around. I have looked everywhere and tried lots of things. My video is flawless but with only a 2.1 audio coming through from Netflix.

Need to be able to play 5.1 from Netflix on my Windows 8.1 so I desperately need your help!

If any other info might be needed just let me now, I do appreciate it.

My only solution after hours of trying to come up with a solution is probably have to upgrade to Windows 10 in order to utilize Microsoft Edge which from what I read will play 5.1 audio for Netflix.

Please and thanks for taking a second to look at my issue.

Tooncore

2 hours ago, DJStarfish said:

I believe the only way to get 5.1 Surround Sound is the Windows 10 app for Netflix. 

I did checked some of the shows such as Trucktown, Scaredy Squirrel, and Wabbit, they do support 5.1 audio.

I know there are many release groups that can rip 5.1 audio directly.

Thanks @DJStarfish for responding!

I thought for sure you would know of a way to accomplish this task.

I have tried and tested both Windows 8 and 10 app for Netflix and can confirm neither of the 2 work to provide a 5.1 audio output, only 2.1.

As to the surround sound, streaming services don't seem to offer that via web browsers at all.

I have both PlayOn and Audials Moviebox and can't even seem to find a work around with that, even for a fake mix-up or mix-down.

I've quit using PlayOn, as it simply does not produce the quality of recordings, either video or audio, that I expect.  I can stream 4K to my computer, almost with everything except Netflix.

Can I somehow rip DD+ 5.1 signal directly from a Roku 4 premiere? I don't have a PS4 which is how some may be ripping the 5.1 audio.

It just seems silly for me to have a Netflix 4K Ultra account when all that Netflix will provide is a 2.1 audio signal out. So freakin' 90's of them!

Guess I'll most likely cancel my Netflix account if I can't figure it out, because personally I would rather have a 5.1 audio channel over a 1080p resolution.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tooncore said:

Thanks @DJStarfish for responding!

I thought for sure you would know of a way to accomplish this task.

I have tried and tested both Windows 8 and 10 app for Netflix and can confirm neither of the 2 work to provide a 5.1 audio output, only 2.1.

As to the surround sound, streaming services don't seem to offer that via web browsers at all.

I have both PlayOn and Audials Moviebox and can't even seem to find a work around with that, even for a fake mix-up or mix-down.

I've quit using PlayOn, as it simply does not produce the quality of recordings, either video or audio, that I expect.  I can stream 4K to my computer, almost with everything except Netflix.

Can I somehow rip DD+ 5.1 signal directly from a Roku 4 premiere? I don't have a PS4 which is how some may be ripping the 5.1 audio.

It just seems silly for me to have a Netflix 4K Ultra account when all that Netflix will provide is a 2.1 audio signal out. So freakin' 90's of them!

Guess I'll most likely cancel my Netflix account if I can't figure it out, because personally I would rather have a 5.1 audio channel over a 1080p resolution.

Well, what is it you're trying to see on Netflix? Perhaps it's been ripped already in 5.1.

19 hours ago, Tooncore said:

Does anyone know how to play Netflix on Windows 8.1 PC

I'm going to address a different issue here (which seems like it's related to the problems you are having). Why aren't you on Windows 10??

I could understand hesitating if you were on Windows 7, but going from 8.1 to 10 would be more so encouraged.  

20 hours ago, Tooncore said:

Well, not all shows have 5.1 audio. Try looking in any Netflix Original Show like 13 Reason Why and you will see it does offer it.

• 3 months later...