'Fairy Tail' Manga is set to End with Volume 63

Koby

MUsrJsB.jpgManga author Hiro Mashima announced in the afterword of the 61st compiled volume of Fairy Tail manga on Wednesday that the series will conclude in two volumes. He further stated on his Twitter account that he has lots of plans for the franchise, although the manga is ending. Mashima also revealed that he plans to begin a new series soon.

Fairy Tail has been serialized in Weekly Shounen Magazine since August 2006, and currently has over 60 million copies in print worldwide. The series won in Shounen manga category at the 33rd Kodansha Manga Award and Japan Expo Award in 2009. The manga has inspired multiple adaptations; including a 175-episode TV series, a 102-episode sequel, two OVA series, two anime films, several spin-off manga, and a side story novel series.

Del Rey Manga (now defunct) initially published the first 12 volumes of the manga in English in North America, and Kodansha Comic USA resumed publishing the manga with the 13th volume in May 2011. FUNimation licensed the anime for North American distribution, and has been releasing the series in Blu-ray and DVD since November 2011.

• Like 6

• Koby changed the title to 'Fairy Tail' Manga is set to End with Volume 63
3 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

I never thought this series would end...all that's left now is Boruto and One Piece in terms of long running action shounen manga, right?

As much as I also love this series, it's better for it to not drag on any longer than it has to. I wouldn't be surprised if Mashima plans any spin-offs after this is over, or something like a Fairy Tail: Next Generation before he decides to do his next original series.

But yeah, even long running series like Gintama is coming to close soon. Dunno about boruto, but One Piece is at its halfway point, I believe, so that's gonna be around for a longer. Unless, God forbid, something terrible happens to Oda.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...