Software Updates & Feature Tweaks

Koby

Just finished patching the community with some security updates, but also with some new features introduced or existing ones tweaked. So I'll just list a few of them.

• A bug that allowed members to place moderators on their ignore list has been fixed, so that can no longer happen.
  • A new setting to allow members to lock their own content (status, threads, etc), although I haven't actually enabled it yet for users to openly use.
  • When moving content, moderators are now prompted for where they want to be redirected when it completes.
  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.
  • An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts (not sure if this is to the user, to the staff, or both yet).
  • The ‘show reply’ button in notification popup reloads the page instead of loading content inline. <- Should fix those nasty errors in PMs.
  • Adds a "More Colors" option to the color dropdown in the editor.

That said, our themes Brave and Subway have expired. They need renewing, which is $10 each for a 6 month timespan. Even so, I've left then enabled on the community despite them being out of date for the software, so while they do work, there is likely something that isn't going to work right. Just be forewarned. Does anyone actually use these? If there is enough demand I'll get them renewed, but otherwise I think it's best to continue to try to cut down on the expenses  of the community where possible. Titan expires in May, but I'll definitely renew it when required. IPSFocus is also recoding a lot of their themes towards a new framework that won't require updates with absolutely every IPS update which should make things a lot easier for us as well as not require us to keep subscriptions for some of them active at all times.

• Like 7

• Koby changed the title to Software Updates & Feature Tweaks
8 hours ago, Koby said:

A new setting to allow members to lock their own content (status, threads, etc), although I haven't actually enabled it yet for users to openly use.

I approve! This will be great (locking of threads specifically) but will those be handed out to everyone? Or specific, trusted users? (i.e does it even have that setting?)

8 hours ago, Koby said:

Adds a "More Colors" option to the color dropdown in the editor.

Glory hallelujah 

Though I would still like my dedicated 'teal' color back in the main palette :P 

8 hours ago, Koby said:

Does anyone actually use these?

Brave, yes.

Subway, no.

How about running a month long public poll for which themes to keep, and at the end of it, decide how many of the lowest voted we don't keep? 

1 hour ago, Pollux said:

Well, I already paid for a year of Carbon, so... :P

Yep, Carbon is renewed till February 2018. Titan is May 30th. While Uniform, Subway, and Brave are currently expired. Looks like I'll probably have Subway renewed soon though. Ehren says it's moving over to his new framework so shouldn't require updates nearly as often.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DabDeity710 said:

Would it be possible to give users the ability to like more than 10 posts a day? This forum is way too awesome and likable to only be able to like 10 things a day

The limit was put in place to prevent abuse, but I suppose I could increase it a little to something like 15 or 20. The thing is, other groups such as the Crusader+ (VIP) group get more than 10. Staff and Donators also see an increase in things such as PM box size, likes per day, etc. Think of it as an increase as you move up the totem pole kind of deal. As you contribute to the community, many doors open.

• Like 2

I see, I'd imagine it could get annoying getting notified every five seconds cuz a no-lifer like me has so much love for everything here lmfao. good thing I'm close to becoming VIP

I'd donate but I'm broke/unemployed/owe a friend $2,000

I think I start working for my dad's boss sometime next month so I'll have to start donating whenever my first paycheck comes in

@Koby - Did you seen any of this? 

On 21/03/2017 at 10:08 PM, Moodkiller said:
On 21/03/2017 at 1:11 PM, Koby said:

A new setting to allow members to lock their own content (status, threads, etc), although I haven't actually enabled it yet for users to openly use.

I approve! This will be great (locking of threads specifically) but will those be handed out to everyone? Or specific, trusted users? (i.e does it even have that setting?)

On 21/03/2017 at 1:11 PM, Koby said:

Does anyone actually use these?

Brave, yes.

Subway, no.

How about running a month long public poll for which themes to keep, and at the end of it, decide how many of the lowest voted we don't keep? 

http://kametsu.com/topic/57649-software-updates-feature-tweaks/?do=findComment&comment=532396

• Nekone locked this topic