Supergirl (2015 TV Series)

Koby

i actually did enjoy the first season, but when the second season hit, it became very political... i can understand why it took some political turns here and there, but i read that oen fo the reasons was because they wanted to push for a more feminist approach... i've read Supergirl comics both past and present. they really didnt push a political agenda, and they dont have to in their show in order to garner a more female audience. Wonder Woman is, IMO, an amazing movie, and has a very strong female lead, and the movie did not push really any feministic viewpoints that i could find. 

On 8/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, Super Kal said:

i actually did enjoy the first season, but when the second season hit, it became very political... i can understand why it took some political turns here and there, but i read that oen fo the reasons was because they wanted to push for a more feminist approach... i've read Supergirl comics both past and present. they really didnt push a political agenda, and they dont have to in their show in order to garner a more female audience. Wonder Woman is, IMO, an amazing movie, and has a very strong female lead, and the movie did not push really any feministic viewpoints that i could find. 

It's been very political since season 1, and it has been pushing its liberal and feminist agenda since its first episode. I've read the Supergirl comics as well and both CBS and the CW have perverted the story into some cliche feminist rom-com that I can't even bear to watch the rest of season 2 (I gave the first season a chance.) Unfortunately, with the influence of third-wave feminism, we're going to see more of these pet-projects of theirs manufactured at a nauseating rate.

to be honest, i didnt see much in the first season... a little, yes, but not the extension that it was in the second season
plus, even some of the actors on the show are starting to grow wary of how certain characters are being handled... Dave Harewood said that he was not impressed on how they handled the Cyborg Superman character

I'll add that while some aspects of Season 2 were weak (like Cyborg Superman's look and character), I was blown away by their treatment of Superman himself.  little iffy on the costume but this Superman seems far more like how they should have gone in the DCEU movies than how they actually portrayed him.

The over insistence of playing the girl power card is getting a little long in the tooth, but still going to stick with the show through Season 3.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm 50/50 on Supergirl. I liked the other DC shows, like Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, and Legends of Tomorrow, but with Supergirl... It started off great! But after season one, I just got kind of bored. The other shows, I binged til I caught up and now I continue to keep up. With Supergirl, I still haven't cared to continue watching... But it did start off good. Maybe someday I can get back into it.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

SUNDAY, MARCH 10

SUPERGIRL

"Stand And Deliver" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SUPERGIRL TAKES A STAND - Between Ben Lockwood's (Sam Witwer) new push to stir up the anti-alien movement and the Elite's desire to target Lockwood and his minions, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is concerned about the safety of the American people - both human and alien. When Lockwood organizes a rally, the aliens decide to peacefully protest. Brainiac (Jesse Rath) and J'onn (David Harewood) join the alien march while Supergirl and Dreamer (Nicole Maines) patrol to keep everyone safe. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) picks up his camera again to cover the march for CatCo, and Hayley (April Parker Jones) assigns Alex (Chyler Leigh) a job that clashes with her beliefs. When The Elite and Ben Lockwood stir up trouble at the rally, Supergirl is forced to take a stand. Jonathan Bennett guest stars. Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Rob Wright & Jess Kardos (#414). Original airdate 3/10/2019.

• 2 weeks later...