FUNimation's Round 1 of Summer Line-up Announcements

Koby

Yesterday, FUNimation unveiled it's first round of Summer Anime Streaming titles and we're excited to share them with you. Without further ado, here’s the first round of shows premiering on July 2, across US, Canada, UK and Ireland territories (unless otherwise noted):

F9jtNWm.jpg

• Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE!

• D.Gray-man HALLOW
  • Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School (Future Arc and Despair Arc)

• FIRST LOVE MONSTER

• Handa-kun

• Love Live! Sunshine!!*

• Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars

• Sca-red Rider XechS

• SERVAMP
  • Tales of Zestiria the X

• Time Travel Girl

• TSUKIUTA. The Animation

…And that’s not everything they have in store! FUNimation will be taking a deeper look at some of their bigger shows and discussing the Summer 2016 line-up during Dubbletalk on June 29th at 9:30p ET on Twitch.tv/Funimation Stay tuned!

• Like 2

D.Gray-man HALLOW is really the only one I'm interested in of FUNimation's line up thus far. Last season FUNimation had terrible picks and it was the first season I didn't watch a single Broadcast Dub of since they started the block, so kind of seems like FUNimation is taking the approach of grabbing a lot of shitty titles instead of just grabbing a few good titles. Sometimes less is better you know. I'm sure others will have different opinions and actually like these choices though, so \o/

Anyhow that means now that 5 out of the 7 shows I decided to give a chance this season have been announced as picked up by some Simulcast service. =)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imagine Breaker said:

Are these your 7 shows Koby?

Berserk
D.Gray-man Hallow
Rewrite

91 Days
Alderamin on the Sky
Taboo Tattoo

Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi

Also, out of curiosity what was your final Spring 2016 list?

The Outcast was one I was hoping to watch, but being a Chinese adaptation I don't really know where it stands on whether it'd be available for Simulcasts to start with or not. I wasn't factoring in Nanatsu because it's just 4 episodes that will be aired at the last 3rd of the season and it's probably been picked up by Netflix for a delayed release like season 1.

Final Spring list? Eh, I finished (or will be finishing) Kabaneri, Mayoiga, ReZERO, Joker Game, and Big Order.

While I dropped Endride, Twin Star Exorcist, Bungou Stray Dogs, Kiznaiver, and Flying Witch.

Kabaneri and Big Order turned out to be shit, but I completed them anyways. Well technically Kabaneri has one more episode but I'll be watching it. Joker Game was alright, but nothing I'd watch again tbh. Mayoiga turned out rather silly but it was still a good watch, while ReZERO was definitely Anime of the Season in what I'd consider an extremely weak season.

Endride was generic. I knew that going into it, but after 8 episodes the show was kind of at a standstill of not really doing anything or going anywhere. Twin Star Exorcist was decent when it was progressing canon, but way entirely too much of the first cour was shitty shitty shitty filler and it killed the series for me. The good wasn't worth putting up with the shitty filler. Bungou Stay Dogs was utter garbage right out of the gate with no redeeming quality. Kiznaiver didn't know what it wanted to do, and Flying Witch was too boringly slow for me, albeit I tend to avoid slice of life type shows to begin with I gave it a chance for some reason, but it just wasn't for me.

• Like 3