The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Thomas_JCG

w3d5uV4DE3ZwQiu3cBhxii-970-80.jpg

First announced back in 2013, the new installment on one of the most acclaimed franchises had its full review on E3, dubbed "Breath of the Wild". This time, the game takes place in an open world environment, allowing free exploration. Link now has the ability to jump and climb up almost any surface. By exploring the environment, Link can find various weapons, including melee weapons, shields, and bows, as well as clothing and food items that can be eaten or cooked to restore health. Weapons break after excessive use. Throughout the game, Link possesses a piece of technology known as the Sheikah Slate, which provides players with a map and allows Link to create waypoints and investigate enemy stats. By discovering various runes, the Sheikah Slate can be upgraded with various powers, including creating bombs, controlling objects with magnetism, and stopping time around objects and enemies.

Breath of the Wild also supports multiple amiibo, including Wolf Link from Twilight Princess and at least three new figurines have been revealed based on the new game.

The game is scheduled for a 2017 release for the Wii U and the upcoming console NX.

The Plot:

Link awakens from a deep sleep, and a mysterious voice guides him to discover what has become of the ruined Kingdom of Hyrule. Link meets an old man and learns from him that 100 years prior, a great evil known as the Calamity Ganon (A fog-like beast) appeared and laid waste to Hyrule. Unable to be defeated, it was sealed within Hyrule Castle while the ruins of the land were ravaged by nature over time. Although trapped, the Calamity Ganon has continued to grow in power, and Link must defeat it before it breaks free and destroys the world.

The Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE

The Official Site (Pre-order is available)

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wii-u/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breath of the Wild was easily the best game of this E3. The visual is absolutely gorgeous and the gameplay is amazing. The decision to switched to a open world survival was interesting but welcomed, as it adds a lot of potential and freshens up the franchise.

I'm a huge fan of this franchise, and can't wait to be able to play. I'm very curious about where in the timeline this game sits.

The hype is so real for this one. Enjoyed Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but the amount of hand holding in the games was just absurd. 

Have been replaying TP with the new HD remake, and there are more cut-scenes with Midna saying something along the lines of "Oh maybe go there" or "Oh you can jump up to that ___" is a bit annoying :/

It is so nice to see more of this game after it was teased in 2014!!

It seems to me kinda like a modern take on the original game. I mean both have you in the wild lands roaming around without guided order and very few other humans/Hylians. It seems like they have the same kind of spirit to them, but maybe that's just me. Either way it looks awesome, I just hope the story that lies beneath doesn't disappoint.

• 5 weeks later...

well I'm pretty sure it'll be good. Zelda games tend to be very good titles. I'm just worried about the weapon system, breakable objects always make me worry. most likely it'll be an annoying feature that will make the game longer because I'll have to go and collect 30 swords and shields just so I can beat a boss or it'll be pointless by the half way mark of the game and I never change weapons.

hated the breakable shield feature in Skyword so hopefully its better in Breath of the Wild.

I'm rather interested in the game, though I'm curious about if there will be an upgrading system to make your favorite type of weapon stronger so it won't break as easy. I am personally looking forward to seeing what the NX version will bring to the table vs the Wii U version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 6:56 AM, Tarou said:

I'm rather interested in the game, though I'm curious about if there will be an upgrading system to make your favorite type of weapon stronger so it won't break as easy. I am personally looking forward to seeing what the NX version will bring to the table vs the Wii U version.

I was under the impression that the weapon only breaks if you "loaned" it, and only when you die. If you purchase it instead of loaning it, you get it forever. At least that's the impression I got from the guy playing it at E3.

8 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

I was under the impression that the weapon only breaks if you "loaned" it, and only when you die. If you purchase it instead of loaning it, you get it forever. At least that's the impression I got from the guy playing it at E3.

There was no shops shown in E3 to purchase any weapons from, you either found them around the world or stole them from enemies. They would still break after so much use.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...