Jump to content
Mr. Kimiko

[POLL] Dragon Ball Film Encode Public QC

Is this Encode Up to standards?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Is this Encode Up to standards?

    • Great
    • Needs work
      0
    • Other (Post a comment)


Recommended Posts

Dragon Ball - Dragon Box

zTev8IH.jpg

 

(MEGA) [Z_Fighters] Dragon Ball - Movie 01 (16:9 - Dual Audio) [DVD][Hi10][480p][ACC].mkv

 

(Note will have AC3 audio in final verison)

 

On 6/1/2016 at 2:45 AM, Imagine Breaker said:

@MysticFTW is currently working on a test encode (h.264 Hi10) of the first DB movie from the DBox version and we will be doing a Public QC soon by posting it here and asking for everyone's opinions and thoughts.

 

Your feedback is necessary so please leave a comment and support our project by telling us if you like his encode or if it needs any sorts of improvement methods.

 

Edited by Mr. Kimiko
PQC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a post that no DBZ fan should miss!! That's right. The project is starting (we can only hope it goes on from here) and in order to make the "best" possible releases we need your thoughts and opinions on this. Everyone please vote for your favorite version and any explanation or comment would be welcomed.

 

ALSO, please rest assured that we will indeed have the uncut Pioneer dub regardless of which version you pick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon Box quality. Best complete release by far. Unfortunate the level sets didn't get completed due to "financial issues".

 

Edit: I'm an idiot. Late night me thought this thread was for both the movies and the series. 

Edited by testing123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FUNi Remaster of the Dragon Ball movies is clearly higher quality. It's not cropped like the Dragon Box was (these were obviously made in 4:3), it retains more of the natural film grain, doesn't have the odd hue or the washed out colors the Dragon Box had, etc. Although I question the high contrast it has.

 

However for Dragon Ball Z, the Dragon Box version is better. Blu-ray has too much contrast which really screws up bright and dark scenes. While the Pioneer and FUNi dvds are cropped (these were obviously made 16:9).

 

The GT comparison for FUNi didn't load.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Koby said:

The FUNi Remaster of the Dragon Ball movies is clearly higher quality. It's not cropped like the Dragon Box was (these were obviously made in 4:3), it retains more of the natural film grain, doesn't have the odd hue or the washed out colors the Dragon Box had, etc. Although I question the high contrast it has.

 

However for Dragon Ball Z, the Dragon Box version is better. Blu-ray has too much contrast which really screws up bright and dark scenes. While the Pioneer and FUNi dvds are cropped (these were obviously made 16:9).

 

The GT comparison for FUNi didn't load.

 

Just for you to know all of them are from the DVD ISO no edits anything, only two of them are not. The Dragon Ball Funimation remaster is your encode. The Blu-ray is an encode I found on the internet since I didn't really care to download the whole file.

 

Oh, the FUNimation remastered for Dragon Ball GT I have yet to add it I'm sorry I'm still downloading it.

 

Thank you for your opinion it's greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, testing123 said:

Dragon Box quality. Best complete release by far. Unfortunate the level sets didn't get completed due to "financial issues".

The Level Sets have nothing to do with the movies, which is what is being discussed here.

Anyway, I would like to see both a DBOX version and a Singles version of each movie. Having both a matted and unmatted version of the movies is valuable to preservationists like me.

Edited by Clutchins
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, clutchins said:

The Level Sets have nothing to do with the movies, which is what is being discussed here.

Anyway, I would like to see both a DBOX version and a Singles version of each movie. Having both a matted and unmatted version of the movies is valuable to preservationists like me.

Woops. Actually thought this was for both. My bust. Although it would be nice (which will never happen) Level Set of the movies. 

 

Time for me to head to bed now.

Edited by testing123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UpDate: GT screenshots are up.

DVD Screenshots use VLC deinterlace mode on NTSC setting. for a better shot.

 

No DBZ Sps (they are 4:3 on the Dragon Box and Singles)

Will put them up with the TV comparisons at a later date.

Edited by Mr. Kimiko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UpDate: well this looks to have died down. :confuse:

 

End Result....

 

Dragon Ball - FUNi Remaster

Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Box --Tie-- FUNi Blu-ray

Dragon Ball GT - Dragon Box

 

----------

@Imagine Breaker's Deal Breaker - Dragon Box for all..,:nothing_to_say: 

@Mr. Kimiko's Deal Breaker -  \/

 

Dragon Ball - FUNi Remaster

Dragon Ball Z - Dragon Box + FUNi Blu-ray + Singles    :boss:

Dragon Ball GT - Dragon Box

 

How many likes can I get for my Deal Breaker?:nothing:

Edited by Mr. Kimiko
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, clutchins said:

No love for the DB DBOX?

 

not for the Dragon Ball Movies.

Everything else yes, we will use the dragon box.

have you seen the screenshots up above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, clutchins said:

No love for the DB DBOX?

That doesn't mean it won't be done. If the fans want it they'll get it assuming the members of the team are willing to do it of course cause it's up them and I can't talk on their behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Koby said:

Why did the stop with the first one?

Because they already had in-house dubs for the other three, so in their eyes their work was done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, clutchins said:

Because they already had in-house dubs for the other three, so in their eyes their work was done.

Shame, but I suppose I should grab them anyhow to finish them up (since I did do movie 1) and get rid of DBNL.

If only the seeder will hold out long enough to grab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MysticFTW is currently working on a test encode (h.264 Hi10) of the first DB movie from the DBox version and we will be doing a Public QC soon by posting it here and asking for everyone's opinions and thoughts.

 

Your feedback is necessary so please leave a comment and support our project by telling us if you like his encode or if it needs any sorts of improvement methods.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...