Windows XP Professional 64 bit edition

ashy1

1 hour ago, JohnFlower said:

Why do you need XP?

This.

XP is EOL (End of Life) and no longer supported at all. It's already filled with discovered security exploits which will never be fixed and it's extremely dated.

If you don't like Windows 10 for whatever reason, I'd suggest you at least opt for Windows 7. Anything older than that at this point would just be useless.

• Like 1

my laptop just meets the requirements of windows 10 and 7 and 3rd party apps run really slow on both of them. i currently have windows 10 installed and its real slow.Windows 7 wasnt a party either!!!!!So is windows xp really that badO.oO.oO.o?

20 minutes ago, ashy1 said:

my laptop just meets the requirements of windows 10 and 7 and 3rd party apps run really slow on both of them. i currently have windows 10 installed and its real slow.Windows 7 wasnt a party either!!!!!So is windows xp really that badO.oO.oO.o?

Then it's probably a better option to either install Linux or buy a new laptop.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

How long will Windows support W7 until it goes EOL?

Vista goes EOL next year on April 11, 2017 while Windows 7 goes EOL on January 14, 2020 and Windows 8 is January 10, 2023.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

It's also worth noting that by October of this year, Microsoft has marked it End of Sales for Win7 and Win8 / Win8.1. This means you won't find a brand new pre-built PC on a store shelf with Windows besides Windows 10 after this October. They're really pushing hard for people to make the switch. Between offering free upgrades, slipping secret updates that keep insisting you update, and even slipping in updates that forcibly updates, to now ending sales, etc.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've an ISO of WinXP SP2 X86 that's an unattended install, that a totally blind friend of mine gave me.  -if you still want WinXP, I can upload it for you.

Additional Comment:  The Disc image does not require a key and is ready to use after installing Windows XP.  -I also have one for Service Pack 3 that has integrated drivers, within the disc image.  I've not tried this one before, but it was given by the same friend who gave me the unattended install of Windows  XP SP2.

In addition to what I've said, the install works if you boot it from the CD for the installation to initiate.

Edited by SchallMann1978

• 2 weeks later...