FUNimation announces their Spring 2016 Broadcast Dubs

Koby

NPxYx8U.jpgSpring is here and so is a new season of simulcasts and with that comes new broadcast dubs!  FUNimation recently announced their line-up so without further-ado:

Spring 2016 Broadcast Dub Line-Up

• And you thought there is never a girl online? (Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?)
  • Assassination Classroom Season 2
  • Endride
  • My Hero Academia
  • Shonen Maid
  • Three Leaves, Three Colors (Sansha Sanyou)
  • Like 3

I'm disappointed in their picks. They didn't pick up any of the ones that look really promising. I was hoping Kabaneri at least would be Broadcast dub, but would have liked to see Big Order and Bungou Stray Dogs get the dub treatment.

The only one I may be watching is Endride. The rest don't interest me.

2 minutes ago, Koby said:

I'm disappointed in their picks. They didn't pick up any of the ones that look really promising. I was hoping Kabaneri at least would be Broadcast dub, but would have liked to see Big Order and Bungou Stray Dogs get the dub treatment.

The only one I may be watching is Endride. The rest don't interest me.

well i dont know what any of them are i still have to pick though the chart but ill keep your suggestion in mind

On 4/1/2016 at 5:43 PM, Koby said:

And you thought there is never a girl online? (Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?)

From what I've read, this one sounds fun. I'm a sucker for a good comedy. xD 

37 minutes ago, warlord8 said:

If a show that interests you is simuldubbed, do you all watch that rather than the subbed, stick with the sub, or watch both? 

I usually stick with the sub in hopes of watching the dub, but never do.

If I know it's getting dubbed, I usually just wait for the dub. I watched three episodes of Dagashi Kashi before finding out it was getting dubbed. I waited for the dub then.

Edited by NeutralHatred

42 minutes ago, warlord8 said:

If a show that interests you is simuldubbed, do you all watch that rather than the subbed, stick with the sub, or watch both? 

I've typically held off and waited for the Simuldub since they've started doing it.

I watch every show that I want to watch at least the first episode subbed

sometimes I'll get hooked and I'll be stuck with it and then I end up never watching the dub till it comes to Blu-ray

if I can wait I will and I'll try to watch stuff that isn't dubbed till it comes out 

sometimes I'll end up watching the first part subbed the middle dubbed and the last part subbed

The reason I watch the first episode subbed is to get a feel for how it was originally intended and decide if I want to watch the show at all 

It all depends on if I get too engrossed in it or if I can get myself stuck on something else while I wait I'm pretty good at transitioning between watching a show either way though all depends on my patients

If I really enjoy the show I'll happily watch it again dubbed

Or if it's a show that has a lot going on

I might end up watching it again dubbed just to see things I missed

Edited by Pikanet128

13 hours ago, Koby said:

I've typically held off and waited for the Simuldub since they've started doing it.

Guess that means you're content with the way the dub was done.

11 hours ago, Pikanet128 said:

The reason I watch the first episode subbed is to get a feel for how it was originally intended and decide if I want to watch the show at all 

It all depends on if I get too engrossed in it or if I can get myself stuck on something else while I wait I'm pretty good at transitioning between watching a show either way though all depends on my patients

If I really enjoy the show I'll happily watch it again dubbed

Or if it's a show that has a lot going on

I might end up watching it again dubbed just to see things I missed

For airing shows, I also want to experience the show the way it was aired. But since these are simuldubs, I was thinking that the same reasoning or logic applies to these as well. I guess it all comes down to personal opinion. 

I always tell myself that I'll watch the bluray version dubbed (when possible), but I never get around to it lol.  

So for me: If the show is airing, then subbed. If the show has already aired and there is a dub, then I watch the dub. If the show has already aired and no dub, then just sub. But I will start considering simuldubs for airing shows.

On 03/04/2016 at 1:44 PM, warlord8 said:

I wait until i see who the dub va's are before deciding whether to watch it dub or sub unless i get impatient then sub it is

• 1 month later...