Do you like school?

Afternoon Nap

If you're still in school, do you look forward to graduating and live a life of your own or do you feel like staying.

If you've already gone into the workforce, do you prefer your situation now better than when you're still school.

I seriously want to graduate. Then I'll have more freedom - to pursue whatever I want to pursue and to indulge in whatever I want.

8 hours ago, Afternoon Nap said:

If you're still in school, do you look forward to graduating and live a life of your own or do you feel like staying.

If you've already gone into the workforce, do you prefer your situation now better than when you're still school.

I seriously want to graduate. Then I'll have more freedom - to pursue whatever I want to pursue and to indulge in whatever I want.

Hell no if you mean post-secondary school. I hate school/college/university. There was a time when I used to think of University as a place of freedom (free speech, free thought, etc.). but man was I wrong. Anything after post-secondary school is a  flat-out business. Deans, admins, provosts, all those title-bearing head honchos care about stats. Most professors are the same, but not all.

I'm bitter towards Uni cause i feel like I got scammed by all those a-holes that said uni was the only way to go in life. I worked my butt off in high school jumping through hoops to look like a decent applicant for universities. Did all that I could: studied hard, got the grades, did extra-curriculars, and volunteered on weekends. It paid off, and I got accepted into a great university. However, life there didn't last long though. I got weeded out.

Part of it is my fault as well. I let things that didn't matter influence my decision on where to apply. When applying all I looked at was the prestige of the university. I didn't look at the academic or social atmosphere, and I didn't look at the cost. If you are going to spend 4 years of your life somewhere, you definitely should pay attention to this stuff. Pick a college/university that is the right fit for you.

A lot of people say that you should go to big name schools because these institutions will make you successful. This is not true. In this world, you get what you earn, not what you think you deserve. From what I have seen and I guess read from various media, as long as you are in the top 10% of your school and program, you will be successful. Big name school do have more resources and on-campus recruiting, but most of the time, those things are catered  to that top 10% student body.

Currently, my situation is a little backwards. I transferred to a community/junior college. I plan to transfer again to another local university and get a bachelors. Hopefully, I will be able to move on and graduate. So yeah, I guess I am eager to join the workforce. Although, from what I hear, 13-hour work days do not sound so nice. BUT i think I understand where you are coming from.

NOTE: Where I am from, college and university is used interchangeably. However, I tried to use the word "college" to refer to community colleges or junior colleges that awards associate degrees (two-year degrees) and certifications only. I tried to use "university" to refer places that awards, both, undergraduate and graduate degrees.

• Like 1

I'm in a position where I've had the choice to leave at 14 and stayed to help out my pop's mental health. I was also never able to graduate from a high school because the last school I went to refused to accommodate my celiac disease or any of my other food allergies. So it took me trying to going back to high school but never actually being able to come back after trying three times. Once I got my GED I enrolled in a community college while staying with my family; which was a really smart move because my immune system was wacked up to no end (currently getting better) because of celiac disease and I was smoking ALOT of cigarettes at the same time. I ended up getting sick towards the end of the year because of all the smoking and had to get a medical withdrawal. Ended up wasting a year on a girl that ended leaving me for some one she did mushrooms with and let him brainwash her with his many tattoos that mean nothing and no money and having wasted a whole year in those fucking class rooms, but the moral of what I'm telling you right now is that if I had left my parents house early or even when I thought I was ready I'd ether be dead or very sick right now. Currently I'm back in school trying for a fourth time but that's life, you get shot then you gotta get up and shoot 'em back. You know how it is at this point in life. I'm in trade for carpentry right now and I love it, by the way: this shit is totally for people who don't actually like being in a class room. A little rowdy but I love it more than community college being in a stupid learning room all day. I know plenty, show me some thing new is my mind set and this seems like a good fit for me. Just play it a little to the safe side and plan for failure. Cause it's gonna happen but you gotta see it as a strength and use the great amount of failures that are about to happen to you and use them to make you a stronger and more capable person in society, cause you can't plan for all of it. Stay stong, bud. Life will lose it's movie-like filter real soon and that's where a lot of people our age get depressed and stuff happens. There's never any shame in getting help from the people who love you ether. Then if you're stong enough then the movie like filter will come back in great moderation only to blow up into full nostalgia mode when you're having deadbeat parties with your co-workers or/neighbors. Heh.

I personally didn't mind school overall back in my teen years. My weakest class was biology, but I wasn't bad at most other classes I took in high school (mainly got B's and A's, and several C's here and there). I'm also glad to have graduated when I could back in 2010, graduation requirements are gradually getting more brutal for HS students these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...