DBZ Ocean Dub vs Funi Dub

DBZ23467

• 4 weeks later...

As someone who grew up watching the show in the UK I have a preference for the Ocean dub.

I know I'm usually in the minority in my opinions but I do believe that pound for pound the Z Ocean dub is better acted than the Funimation Z dub. In my opinion the Funimation's cast didn't get very good until Kai but even so their dubs tend to have certain dubbing habits that I'm not particularly fond of.

It really is tragic that Ocean's Kai dub never got released because I think they most likely did a tremendous job.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 01/02/2016 at 2:07 AM, NitroNeon said:

As someone who grew up watching the show in the UK I have a preference for the Ocean dub.

I know I'm usually in the minority in my opinions but I do believe that pound for pound the Z Ocean dub is better acted than the Funimation Z dub. In my opinion the Funimation's cast didn't get very good until Kai but even so their dubs tend to have certain dubbing habits that I'm not particularly fond of.

It really is tragic that Ocean's Kai dub never got released because I think they most likely did a tremendous job.

I agree. I have loved the Ocean Dub since i was a child and nothing has changed. I have often said that the worst Anime Funimation has ever dubbed is Dragon Ball Z. I have always felt like they try too hard to make it their top anime, they don't sound natural to me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I first watched it with Ocean dub, so I love it because of the nostalgia factor, and also because I like the background music during the Kamehameha vs Galic Gun beam struggle which is one my favorite scenes. But it does have some funny mistakes like Gohan saying 'Kameyomeyo' instead of Masenko.