What anime do you wish you never watched?

smoothtoast

I just stop watching a series when i dont like the first few episodes, so there are not really any i regret watching.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso / Your lie in April is the only one, but cant decide if i completely regret it or not.

Reason contains spoilers:

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the show most of the time and there were only a few things i would like to be better. The reason for me regretting watching it is cus its was too sad. i had a pit in my stomach after i completed it. That went away after a while tho, so i only regrettet watching it right after i completed it and looking back as a whole i rather enjoyed the series. Don't think the series would be better with a more happy ending and i think the ending was quite fitting, but really sad nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to say "maybe it's not a bad show, give it a few more episodes" and then I was four episodes away from the end and I hated every character in it. I also used to watch anything with pretty artwork. The only shows I regret watching are the ones which names I can't recall for the life of me, since they were as generic as they come. I mean the "seen one, seen them all" harems, the "came back to the country and can't remember the promise I made to my osananajimi" shows, and also, most shounen-ai out there (I'm looking at you, Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi). Other than that, there haven't been any shows I have truly wished I never saw --- maybe the second half of Guilty Crown, but that's it.

Feel like everyone will disagree based on its high ratings  but I really disliked clannad  + afterstory I found it melodramatic and dull, I felt the characters were always monologuing or self pittying, I dont really know why but it really pissed me off, I dont mind emotional anime thats fine, but it felt unnatural in this case like the creator had sat down and decided to create a story that had the sole intention of making you feel sad and dejected, I also hated the sceintefic stuff they brought in it was so stupid to me. Anyways given how many episodes I watched to reach the end I most definitley regret spending that much time watching it (I have a bad habbit of continuing anime I dislike just for closure) also SAO (season 2 especially!) I would happily erase that from my brain in an instant. The thought of the kirito in his perfect game world where he can do anything even if it defies all logic with every girl falling in love with him just hacks me off. Lol rant over :D

Edited by Moby JJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guilty Crown for being the legitimately terrible mess that it is. I liked the music and not much of anything else about it, but even then I think Sawano has done better. I'll also add The Melancholy of Endless Eight, Apocalypse Zero, Coppelion, and Lunar Legend Tsukihime. 

• 1 month later...

Log No Horizon. But I didn't finished it if I don't like something I just stop watching and watch something else. ;)

Sword Art Online and Accel World was much better then Log Horizon.

Paprika the Movie, just wasn't my thing.

First time I watch Steins;Gate, I hate it but after 9 Episodes I love it then they repeat her dead hate it again.

Was a strange Show, but love to see the Movie though.

Edited by DJHulp