Divine Gate

Koby

Divine Gate
4pu7ziA.png
MAL

Synopsis: When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. To restore order, the World Council is formed. As peace is restored, the Divine Gate becomes an urban legend. In that world, boys and girls deemed fit by the World Council are gathered. They are ones who aim to reach the gate for their personal objectives. Those who reach the gate can remake the world. What lies beyond the gate? When they reach the door, will the world change? Will it be the past that changes, or will it be the future?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

'Divine Gate' TV Anime to Air in Winter 2016
At an event to commemorate the second anniversary of the Divine Gate mobile game, GungHo Online Entertainment revealed that the previously announced anime adaptation will be broadcast on TV starting January 2016. GungHo and its subsidiary Acquire launched Divine Gate for Android and iOS devices in 2013.

4pu7ziA.png

Synopsis
When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. To restore order, the World Council is formed. As peace is restored, the Divine Gate becomes an urban legend. In that world, boys and girls deemed fit by the World Council are gathered. They are ones who aim to reach the gate for their personal objectives. Those who reach the gate can remake the world. What lies beyond the gate? When they reach the door, will the world change? Will it be the past that changes, or will it be the future?

Cast
Akane: Tetsuya Kakihara (Fairy Tail)
Aoto: Soma Saito (Rokka no Yuusha)
Midori: Kanae Itou (Oda Nobuna no Yabou)
Hikari: Ayana Taketatsu (Date A Live)
Yukari: Sora Amamiya (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
Ginji: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
Arthur: Yuuichi Nakamura (Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai)

Staff
Director: Noriyuki Abe (Arslan Senki (TV))
Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi (Ore Monogatari)
Character Design: Ichirou Uno (Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii)
Music: Takumi Ozawa (Hidan no Aria)
Studio: Studio Pierrot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA-oTk6D5hw

Additional 'Divine Gate' Cast and Character Designs Revealed
GungHo Online Entertainment has announced additional cast members for the upcoming Divine Gate TV anime by Studio Pierrot, which will premiere in January 2016. The cast announcements were made during the official Niconico Live program broadcast of the Divine Gate smartphone game on Tuesday. Initial character designs by Ichirou Uno were also revealed.

Loki (Kouji Yusa) (Zettai Karen Children)
684Tqu4.jpg

Oz (Akira Ishida) (Persona 3 the Movie)
M0IbA5G.jpg

Lancelot (Kousuke Toriumi) (Yowamushi Pedal)
ReXnCh1.jpg

Ifrit (Ami Koshimizu) (Ookami to Koushinryou)
ATszLVl.jpg

Undine (Mai Fuchigami) (Girls und Panzer)
5rkHkqN.jpg

Sylph (Kana Asumi) (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
VaYeOLT.jpg

Metabon (Yuri Yoshida) (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)
BW6fCvm.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

'Divine Gate' Announces Third Round of Cast Members, Theme Song Performers

GungHo Online Entertainment has announced a third round of cast members for the Winter 2016 TV anime Divine Gate by Studio Pierrot. The announcements were made during the official Niconico Live program broadcast of the Divine Gate smartphone game on Wednesday.

Cast
Ywain: KENN (Kyoukai no Kanata)
Bedivere: Azusa Tadokoro (Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.)
Breunor: Ayumu Murase (Haikyuu!!)
Tristan: Natsue Sasamoto (Log Horizon)
Gareth: Binbin Takaoka (Zankyou no Terror)
Kay: Arisa Kiyoto (Gin no Saji)
Lamorak: Chihiro Ikki (DokiDoki! Precure)
Percival: Yuusuke Shirai (Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!)
Mordred: Rie Suegara (Diabolik Lovers)
Palomides: Kenji Nomura (Genshiken)
Gawain: Yuuki Kuwahara (Himegoto)

The Niconico Live program also announced that four-man band hitorie will perform the opening theme song "one-Me two-Hearts," while visual kei band vistlip will perform the ending theme song "CONTRUST."

An advance screening of the first episode of Divine Gate will be held on December 26 at TOHO Cinemas Shinjuku. Seiyuu Soma Saito, who voices Aoto, and Yuuichi Nakamura, who voices Arthur, will be guests at the screening event. Chihiro Ikki, who voices Lamorak, will be the event MC.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been checking this anime out? I am actually really liking and enjoying a whole lot to be honest. I like Aoto/Aota...but the redhead and the girl are a bit meh to me. I can tolerate Arkane but the girl is annoying.

Definitely my new watch of the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 1 was released this morning in English Dub by FUNimation Streaming Broadcast Dubs. Honestly after the first episode I don't really know what to think about the show. It's still not out of the introduction phase so we don't really understand the characters motives or the plot just yet. Seems half interesting though and the contrast coloring certainly stands out although I'm not sure if I like it or not; it's just certainly different. I'm going to give this a few more episodes to hopefully get a grasp on the series but there really isn't much to discuss from the first episode.

• Like 1

Yeah after episode 2 I'm still not feeling it. The characters aren't interesting at all. We only know a tiny bit out the blond boy and that's it and it just seems like a pretty ridiculous backstory. The Divine Gate is only mentioned in passing, and there doesn't seem to be any signs of any sort of coherent story to be had here. I'm still lost as to what the show is suppose to be about and why I should even care. After two episodes the show has failed to make me invested in either a plot or any of the characters. So this show made it into my dropped pile. I'm not going to bother with further episodes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, professa X said:

dude i agree. i like the visuals but seriously where r we going with this plot

Who knows, I have a feeling its going to be a very unsatisfactory ending...

I find the animation quite disappointing as well. It's like they tried and then gave up and stuck with the giving up part.