Gangsta.

Koby

4bac7d15e34230a222cb15b92a113509.jpeg
MAL

In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men and petty thieves, whores on the make and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the "Handymen," Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. Until the day when a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.

FUNimation has announced they'll be doing a Simuldub for this show!

• Like 1

This sounds pretty good. It's been a while since we had a good gritty seinen anime. When is the dub coming out?

As far as I know they haven't stated yet. I'm assuming in 3-4 weeks though given that their previous Simuldubs were 4-6 weeks behind the initial airing.

I'm hoping [checkem] releases English audio patches to Underwaters release like they did last season with Vivid's (Seraph of the End, Blood Battle Blockade).

• 2 weeks later...

Underwater stopped releasing episodes, only got up to episode 2. HorribleSubs is ripping them from Funimation. 

So far the anime is good.  Episode 1 is bad ass, but the other episodes are just good. Looking to see more of this anime myself.

Underwater stopped releasing episodes, only got up to episode 2. HorribleSubs is ripping them from Funimation. 

So far the anime is good.  Episode 1 is bad ass, but the other episodes are just good. Looking to see more of this anime myself.

Because their editor was Jing, who never finishes anything really. He just up and disappeared; leaving Underwater without an editor for the show.

Zekken is OCRing the FUNi-hardsubs though, styling it similar to Underwater, and timing it to an HDTV raw. So I'd go with that over the FUNi-hardsub rip by HorribleSubs.

Either way, I'm still holding off on watching this since I'm awaiting the Simuldub premier. If it doesn't start within the next 2-3 weeks though I'll start watching the subs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well no one has really been talking about this so rather than create a separate thread for the Simuldub I'll just post here.

Glad I waited. FUNi's Broadcast Dub / Simuldub did not disappoint. GANGSTA. did not disappoint either. Only one episode in but it's already looking like AotS material, or at the very least on-par with some others. It really does have that Black Lagoon vibe going for it, only a bit grittier than that. Wondering what's so special about having dog tags, or why they refer to people with them as 'Tags'. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

• Like 1

Was Nicholas speaking a foreign language? Or does he have vocal problems, I've only seen about 2 episodes but it looks really good

I've only watched episode one so far but they made it pretty clear in the very first episode that he's deaf. He can't hear anything thus why he uses sign language and lip reads and why when he did finally speak he talked funny.

• Like 2

Well episode 2 gave us some insight into the 'Tags' like I was hoping for, but didn't really go into detail how they were ranked or what really makes them unique. Although we have seen them be capable in inhuman feats already. Wondering how/why/when Nic became deaf and how the other guy lost his eye or the reason for the patch.

• Like 2

So we finally see Worick being the gigolo that we've pretty much already known he was (from the rap sheet at the police station that was shown before). We saw Worick have a flashback to when his dad was killed and he lost his eye and it looks like Nic was the one to do it all. I wonder if that will be further brought to light down the road or not. We also learned that they take alleyways and such because Tags can't be on the main road for some unexplained (at this time) reason. It also seemed like (judging from the strippers words and the medicines) that Tags likely develop health issues and probably don't have long life spans; could also possibly be the reason Nic lost his hearing maybe. Other then that not much really took place this episode, but it was still a great ride.

• Like 1

Nic finally squares up against another A/0. We also see a bit more backstory on how Nic and Worick met. As well as we learn that Worick has a bad ass memory and can skim through an entire book in a few seconds and know every bit of it's contents. His eye seems to glisten when this happens so perhaps he's not as normal as he leads himself on to be. Maybe we'll learn more about his ability later. Hyped for the fight next episode.

• Like 2

That fight was pretty bad-ass. Shame it got broke up before coming to a conclusion. So yeah apparently Nic likes to overdose and it causes him not to feel pain. We also finally learn what the three-laws pertain to. This episode just seems to bring about other questions though more so than it answered. Either way this show doesn't disappoint. I'm just sad it's only running for a single-cour at this time. Hopefully it gets another cour down the road though. We were sort of introduced to some new characters this episode and it seems like they'll play a bigger part in whats to come as the show goes on. I'm still not exactly sure on the whole ordeal of why Nic took Worricks eye and killed his dad though but maybe I somehow missed something that explained it.

• Like 1

That fight was pretty bad-ass. Shame it got broke up before coming to a conclusion. So yeah apparently Nic likes to overdose and it causes him not to feel pain. We also finally learn what the three-laws pertain to. This episode just seems to bring about other questions though more so than it answered. Either way this show doesn't disappoint. I'm just sad it's only running for a single-cour at this time. Hopefully it gets another cour down the road though. We were sort of introduced to some new characters this episode and it seems like they'll play a bigger part in whats to come as the show goes on. I'm still not exactly sure on the whole ordeal of why Nic took Worricks eye and killed his dad though but maybe I somehow missed something that explained it.

Just speculating here but maybe Nico was on a contract for someone else or maybe he was on a contract for another family  and overdosed . overdosing makes him kinda psychotic as seen  in this episode.

Slow episode this week; nothing much took place. We saw how badly Worick and Nic were treated as kids and it leaves me with the assumption that Nic killed everyone so they could get away from all that. We learn that the hallucinations Alex was having was due to a drug her pimp gave all his hoes and it should wear off on it's own eventually with little side-effects if she manages to not commit suicide first, which is a high rate of happening apparently. Then we learn that all the victims lately that have been piling up were tags; including the bulky black guy that Nic beat in front of Docs office a few weeks ago. So seems like it's another conspiracy plot in the works.

• Like 1