Overlord

Koby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Second Season Hype!ย xDย New Year and a Season 2!

ย 

Loved the first season. Quite the mix of characters and I find the story pretty interesting. I wonder where the next adventure will lead MC and his servants. (Don't know how to spell his name so I'll just say MC, lol)

ย 

Might watch this week to week (waiting on Dub which starts on the 30th).ย Doing it for Dragon Ball Super, it's not all that bad waiting and I guess it beats waiting a few monthsย for it to finish just to get to watch multiple episodes at a time or binge it all in one go.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot possibly fathom why someone would think the third season in unnecessary with the exception of people who do not like the anime. The story has hardly started let alone reached any meaningful conclusion.

ย 

Only time will tell if it is better or worse than either the first and second seasons. However, I would imagine it largely depends on what it explores and what viewers are more interested in. For example,ย side character focused like S2,ย political intrigue focused, and so on. I am of the position that it will be neither better nor worse.

20 minutes ago, Zachimillius said:

I cannot possibly fathom why someone would think the third season in unnecessary with the exception of people who do not like the anime. The story has hardly started let alone reached any meaningful conclusion.

Agreed. No season is unnecessary, especially if it's adapting material from another source. After all, we all would prefer to see a story completed rather than be left hanging or forced to switch to the manga/light-novel/etc.

ย 

2 hours ago, MiTROSKA003 said:

ย What thoughts about the third season? Will it be better than both the first and the second season?

Based on the arcs the 3rd season should adapt and hearing comments from the people who read them... I'd say the 3rd season is likely to be better than the 2nd season.

ย 

I just hope they don't keep rushing and cutting stuff out to make it fit into a single cour like they've been doing.

11 minutes ago, Koby said:

I just hope they don't keep rushing and cutting stuff out to make it fit into a single cour like they've been doing.

ย 

I feel that the content, story and thematically, will improve. However,ย they will try and do too much to the shows detriment. If they can pace it well andย cover the appropriate detailย then I expect S3 to be the best thus far. I do not think that will happen. Fingers crossed to being wrong.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2018 at 6:11 PM, Zachimillius said:

ย 

I feel that the content, story and thematically, will improve. However,ย they will try and do too much to the shows detriment. If they can pace it well andย cover the appropriate detailย then I expect S3 to be the best thus far. I do not think that will happen. Fingers crossed to being wrong.

I agree, the 2nd season felt like they tried to do too much like Hedge Knight eludes to. It also did not have the same feel as the first season, and seemed to loose track of itself here and there. I'm with Hedge in hoping that S3 turns out to be the better of the three, as I do enjoy the anime thus far.