Being treated like a criminal because of PIRACY

ghostlysunny11

OK I want to begin on the point by saying that Im an higher above avid PC gamer. Straight to the point,gaming agencies are suckers for raiding their customers pockets,and i say that with experience.Back in 2008 i got Crysis:Warhead as a present on my birthday.When installed the game and clicked on it, it was asking me for an internet connection so i agreed.Later on I was derived of internet and when i installed the game again i wasn't able to play it because of internet and whats worse is that someone spent a lot of money on it and he/she could only install and activate the game thrice or five times. This an so called "anti-piracy system" called DRM. But hah the pirates broke through this system and yet again "I the legitimate customer was suffering while the pirates were happily playing the game without internet being needed". This year when Assasins Creed 2 came for pc I was a bit surprised to see written on it "PERMANENT INTERNET CONNECTION NEEDED".I started swearing under my breath. Just imagine being treated like a criminal,oh and did i mention that the pirates also broke through that system. So now I the legitimate customer has to pay and have an internet connection while the pirates can play it without the internet connection. I say why are we the legitimate customers are suffering all of this and i want to know what you guys think about it

People get treated as criminals all the time. For example at Gas Stations they now require you to "pre-pay" for gas. That is simply saying that we are thieves and will steal gas before we even had a chance to prove we wouldn't. It's not just about piracy online, it's about thievery everywhere. True some methods such as pre-pay for gas prevents 100% from stealing gas, but when it comes to the internet, piracy will never be stopped. People will always find ways of breaking it. Nothing is completely secure when it comes to technology. So while they fight piracy, it's only hurting their legitimate users, while the pirates continue on how they were.

It's a cycle that will never end, so you might as well pirate, since they already consider you a thief.

Or you can do like some people, buy the game, then download and play the pirated one.

See there... ^^^

Them trying to stop pirates, only forces legitimate customers into having to pirate too. It's a never ending cycle, and the companies fighting the pirates are only making it tough on legitimate users, which end up making them pirates too. So in a way, there might be less pirates if they would stop ruining the experience for the legitimate customers.

That is the very point why I don't understand that ppl at ubisoft and EA and other gaming companies dont seam to understand. I mean when Spore came out I opted to get the pirated version instead and guess what I didn't even have to pay a penny to get myself that game. Since the guy who gave it to me was my fathers friend,in a way and I also needed no internet connection to actually activate the game online.but why the hell doesn't ubisoft(which is my favorite game developers out there) and other companies understand this.according to what i read ubisoft released prince of Persia 4 without any anti-piracy system and believe me that is one the reasons why I actually bought that game,ubisoft claims that,that whole thing was kind of a test to see how "honest" ppl actually were but they never showed the results to anybody in public and media...hmm I wonder.

That is the very point why i dont understand that ppl at ubisoft and ea and other gaming companies dont seam to understand i mean when spore came out i opted to get the pirated version instead and guess i didnt have to pay a penny to get myself that game since the guy who gave it to me was my fathers friend in a way and i also needed no internet connection to actually activate the game online.but why the hell doesnt ubisoft(which is my favourite game developers out there) and other companies understand this.according to what i read ubisoft released prince of persia 4 without any anti-piracy system and believe me that is one the reasons why i actually bought that game,ubisoft claims that,that whole thing was kind of a test to see how "honest" ppl actually were but they never showed the results to anybody in public and media...hmm i wonder.

People will pirate, with or without DRM. They even pirated some bundle of indie games that you could pay anything (i think 5cents was the minimum). Oh and Ubisoft is a joke now, anyone who knows about their DRM policy is staying far away from them on PC. Except the pirates, ofcourse.

ghostly, I'm sure you are a wonderful person, but Elsch requests that you refrain from posting with giant walls of text. punctuation please. I struggle to read through your posts, yet I would love to partake in this discussion. ^^

And people will pirate. they do it because they can. I'm sorry that this is happening to you. the best I can say based on what I understood from your posts is get a secure internet connection. that might help you out a bit.

ghostly, I'm sure you are a wonderful person, but Elsch requests that you refrain from posting with giant walls of text. punctuation please. I struggle to read through your posts, yet I would love to partake in this discussion. ^^

well:confuse:sorry for the punctuation part,the thing is im watching iron man right now so:dhh:

I live for games and i love playing them on PC.The thing is if PC gaming was to die because of piracy then i will die while still being within a body.Take crysis for example(btw I beat Crysis:Warhead within 5 hours from beginning to end even though the game has replay quality the short time still proves that its not worth buying for the price that the person bought it for).It was meant to be a pc exclusive but then it all went down the drain because of piracy.Crysis 2 is coming on X box 360 as well as ps3. Imagine if this keeps on going then PC gaming will die. I am not against the idea of consoles it's just that PC was my first step to gaming also I'm so used to fps on PC. It's almost impossible for me to play it on a console. Guess what the guy who actually cracked Assasins Creed 2 is called Skidrow.He put the torrents all over the web with a read me file specifically aimed for ubisoft. It said "Thank you,ubisoft for giving us this challenge,but nothing stops us from doing what we do.Because of DRM lots of legitimate buyers are suffering,all we do is make their lives better.Next time please concentrate on the game rather than the anti-piracy part".Well I guess that showed them.Kudos to Skidrow.

I edited my other posts see if that is better.

well:confuse:sorry for the punctuation part,the thing is im watching iron man right now so:dhh:

I live for games and i love playing them on PC.The thing is if PC gaming was to die because of piracy then i will die while still being within a body.Take crysis for example(btw I beat Crysis:Warhead within 5 hours from beginning to end even though the game has replay quality the short time still proves that its not worth buying for the price that the person bought it for).It was meant to be a pc exclusive but then it all went down the drain because of piracy.Crysis 2 is coming on X box 360 as well as ps3. Imagine if this keeps on going then PC gaming will die. I am not against the idea of consoles it's just that PC was my first step to gaming also I'm so used to fps on PC. It's almost impossible for me to play it on a console. Guess what the guy who actually cracked Assasins Creed 2 is called Skidrow.He put the torrents all over the web with a read me file specifically aimed for ubisoft. It said "Thank you,ubisoft for giving us this challenge,but nothing stops us from doing what we do.Because of DRM lots of legitimate buyers are suffering,all we do is make their lives better.Next time please concentrate on the game rather than the anti-piracy part".Well I guess that showed them.Kudos to Skidrow.

I edited my other posts see if that is better.

Well if the PC gaming dies, where do you think all the pirates will go? They will not just disappear. Console games get pirated too, it just takes a little modding, so it's not easy like on PC, but it's not impossible. And Skidrow is a team of crackers, one guy can't possibly crack all those games.

Well if the PC gaming dies, where do you think all the pirates will go? They will not just disappear. Console games get pirated too, it just takes a little modding, so it's not easy like on PC, but it's not impossible. And Skidrow is a team of crackers, one guy can't possibly crack all those games.

Well I guess your right but the thing is that publishers and developers don't understand this.I mean go the website called the pirate bay and you will also find x box and ps3 games.And about Skidrow I didn't really know that they were a team.Still they did quite a good job,don't you think.

Like Koby said people are treated like they're guilty until proven innocent more because the crooks ruined it for the rest of us. Now nobody can be trusted. Sometimes I think they don't trust themselves either. It's like its a game in itself, lets see how far we can go until we get caught. Whether its computer games, banking systems, or even in real life steeling and organized crime. That's just my opinion I could be wrong.