Does anyone know how to translate a manga or site where i could do it myself

I want to translate a manga chapter into English

That's what I thought you meant.

To do that you need to either know japanese or have a translation from a translator or from a previously translated lower-quality version of that chapter. Once you have that you can do some manga editing. You open up Photoshop (CS6 is good) and you load up the individual page of the chapter. It's preferable to save this as a different file or something since you'll need to re-edit things again and again. Save it as a .psd file.

Then what you wanna do is look at the japanese text and select it then using the select tool and remove that area OR rub it out using the Brush Tool. Usually the text that you wanna remove are in convenient bubbles and spaced well so it shouldn't be hard to do but other times they're outside and go into the background art. Doing that stuff is advanced and out of the scope you wanna do and you most probably won't need to do that. Anyway, once you've done all that on the page, you then want to use the text tool and select around the areas you want the text to be in. This takes a lot of experience with spacing and borders and whatnot. You just type in the translated text you want in that area. Then just repeat for each page.

This takes a while to do and I still haven't really explained it that well as I'm guessing you have no experince with this at all so you have to be really patient with the time it takes and not be de-motivated. I'll give you a tutorial or something to start you out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG2fu7FXPbk

Hope that helps and what manga were you hoping on doing this for?

TL;DR Photoshop to edit manga, need your own translation or know the language, and time!

Edited by Qrazed
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

the manga that you want to translate essentially is a bunch of image files that have been captured through a scanner so no software or a supercomputer will be able to help you translate it just by a click and reading Japanese and translating using a dictionary will be a real pain unless you wanna continue translating in the future which can turn into a nice hobby.