Tracker Question

StaticX

ok, I have a question concerning Bittorrent Trackers: I want to upload a series to Nyaa and also AnimeBytes. Uploading to Nyaa is no problem, but AnimeBytes is a Private site so I can't put other trackers in the Torrent file.

I was thinking of uploading the Files to my seedbox via FTP so that the different torrents would leech off the same folder, would that work?

Edited by StaticX

Not to sure if that was directed to me or the OP, or neither in particular, but I assumed that StaticX would have made the 2 torrents already, one with the private tracker and one without. 

Yep, that's the Idea I'm thinking about. The Files would be on the Seedbox, then I make the 2 torrents with the respective Trackers in them, add them to Transmission which I'm using as a Remote to access the Seedbox (I've configured it) and use force Re-check on the Folder.

Not to sure if that was directed to me or the OP, or neither in particular, but I assumed that StaticX would have made the 2 torrents already, one with the private tracker and one without. 

Yep, that's the Idea I'm thinking about. The Files would be on the Seedbox, then I make the 2 torrents with the respective Trackers in them, add them to Transmission which I'm using as a Remote to access the Seedbox (I've configured it) and use force Re-check on the Folder.

Transmission has a force re-check option?? I wasnt aware/dont think it has. In the early days of me setting up my seedbox, I gave transmission a go but couldn't find a re-check option through the gui - either that or the option to set a download location for a torrent, cant remember which one . 

But yes, then that setup would work =]

utorrent

No utorrent that I know of will work on a seedbox? Did you mean rtorrent?

never heard of utorrent server?

Lol nope xD, I thought Bittorrent had a server? 

here you go

http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux

Huh, what do you know! And then I assume you could a gui for that? Or is it only cli based? O

Yeah... Pretty sure rTorrent is the only torrent client that offers the option to change the save directory. It is the only client to use in this case.

no.

Transmission works fine for this.

I use it to change directories and I also use it to seed the same files from two different torrents (one for animebytes and the other for nyaa).

I'm not too sure you understand what I mean...

Take two torrents: torrent a and torrent b. Torrent a creates the directory 'a' while torrent b creates the directory 'b'. Both torrents have exactly the same data. How does Transmission handle this?

Edit: nvm. Apparently this is now a feature in 2.80.

Edited by JohnFlower

Yeah... Pretty sure rTorrent is the only torrent client that offers the option to change the save directory. It is the only client to use in this case.

no.

Transmission works fine for this.

Can you force re-check though with transmission? Just thinking about one of my earlier posts, I believe it was deluge that didnt have the force re-check ability, so it would just re-download the same files.