Tracker Question

StaticX

Sorry I haven't replied to the thread for a while.

About Transmission having Force recheck, I think it's just called "verify local data"

Not sure if that's what you mean, I'm guessing so though..

Anyway, not sure if I should bother with nyaa since I really don't like the users there.

Edited by StaticX

About Transmission having Force recheck, I think it's just called "verify local data"

Anyway, not sure if I should bother with nyaa since I really don't like the users there.

Hmm, that sounds like something that could resemble re-checking the files... either that, or a form of CRC checking once the torrent is downloaded? Mind you, after reading this, it seems like it will recheck a partially downloaded torrent - http://askubuntu.com/questions/441400/how-to-resume-partial-downloads-using-transmission

Some of the users do suck, but it's "popular" and at least revolves around anime and groups. Thinking in comparison to KAT or other public tracker where half of those users dont know whats good quality and worth getting and then complain when it's not up to their standard. .  

Yeah... Pretty sure rTorrent is the only torrent client that offers the option to change the save directory. It is the only client to use in this case.

no.

Transmission works fine for this.

Can you force re-check though with transmission? Just thinking about one of my earlier posts, I believe it was deluge that didnt have the force re-check ability, so it would just re-download the same files.

Yes, although rather than 'Force Re-check'; Transmission calls it 'Verify Local Data'.

Same thing though.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a Page 2 on this thread when checking Notifications. Already answered.

Yeah... Pretty sure rTorrent is the only torrent client that offers the option to change the save directory. It is the only client to use in this case.

no.

Transmission works fine for this.

Can you force re-check though with transmission? Just thinking about one of my earlier posts, I believe it was deluge that didnt have the force re-check ability, so it would just re-download the same files.

Yes, although rather than 'Force Re-check'; Transmission calls it 'Verify Local Data'.

Same thing though.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a Page 2 on this thread when checking Notifications. Already answered.

Ok I see. Thats fine, confirms what StaticX was unsure about anyways (if my answer hadnt)