Assassin's Creed Unity

Dark_Angel13

Firstly, let me start out by saying I am a huge fan of the games, Assassin's creed was the third game I ever got for my ps3, I found it to be good but at the same time I wanted more, which number two delivered on. Throughout the games they've repeated many things(most of it good) and some things have only lasted for that one game, bomb making in Revelations for example.

Now onto the game at hand, Assassin's Creed Unity...-sighs- I was so looking forward to this game, Black Flag was rather enjoyable, especially with it's ship battles but this new game, it delivers on a lot of the things I want in an Assassin's Creed game but in saying that, the glitches make it almost gamebreaking, I'll list my current glitches I've gotten so far, below. I'm on the PS4 for those who were wondering, I've heard the PC Issues are worse, anyway here goes:

1. Random moments where I'll be surrounded by enemies and combat will suddenly cancel and won't reinitiate, leaving me the only option being to run because I cannot parry, attack or use any items, including medicine. I died many times from this and it's occured more than once.
  2. Issues where my pistol or Phantom Blades will fire straight through a targets head, hitting the wall behind him, doing zero damage and aggroing said enemy.
  3. Climbing issues where Arno will suddenly get stuck in a part of a roof or wall etc.
  4. NPC's walking into me or stunlocking me into walls or other places, forcing me to Fast Travel out or be stuck there indefinitely.
  5. Had this one happen today actually, multiple times. I kill all of my enemies and I mean kill, not that writhing in pain thing and all of their lower jaws will be moving as if they're talking still, yet they're dead. This one was rather disturbing.

There are more but these are the only ones I've had that seem to repeat often... for now.

Even with the glitches I still love this game but there is a lot more wrong with it also. The "New" Phantom Blade mini crossbow is not new at all, it's simply a reskin of Ezio's old bracer, the poison darts have become Berserk Blades and the Bullets are now Phantom Blades, this is not new, all they've done is slapped a new coat of paint on something old and labelled it new, not impressed ubisoft.

There's more isses with gameplay wise but I won't go into that simply due to spoilers so please refrain from spoilers here but if you must, hide them in your post so people who haven't yet finished the game can still enjoy it.

The final thing I will say here is, if you're on ps4 and would like to join my club for some co op games, the name of it is BloodandSteel, I lead it and I am on a lot of hours out of the day, just join it manually or I can add you to PSN if youd rather that, hope to get some people to play with for club competitions.

Post your glitches and opinions! *No Spoilers*

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope all of the game-breaking bugs and glitches have been patched by the time I finally own a PS4 (which prob wont happen until 2016 but oh well).

They're abandoning the game, so...probably not.

Huh? Then why did they just release a huge patch for Unity?

Not to mention they just publicly admitted about the terrible QCing, and also offering a free game to anyone who bought the season pass.

I myself haven't played Unity much, but I understand the problems the number of glitches it has and how it frustrates people. That aside, I hear the story is decent, and isn't anything 'bad' like AC3 was. If I do finish Unity soon, I'll also change my mind and get Rogue from last-gen. The reviews I've read of it say it's really good, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope all of the game-breaking bugs and glitches have been patched by the time I finally own a PS4 (which prob wont happen until 2016 but oh well).

They're abandoning the game, so...probably not.

Huh? Then why did they just release a huge patch for Unity?

Not to mention they just publicly admitted about the terrible QCing, and also offering a free game to anyone who bought the season pass.

They're offering a free game because they're not going to do anymore work on said game.

Any DLC they had planned for the season pass, beyond 'Dead Kings', is now...dead.

I'd be willing to be that there's going to be very little support after Dead Kings is released and patched.

Personally, I'm waiting for 'Rouge' to go down in price.

Black Flag 2.0 is still Black Flag.

:3

AC Unity is the worst AC game so far

That's just a partial list of cons I compiled:

1. Total lack of gameplay in modern-day sections

2. A lot of chests, unlockables etc. are locked behind multiplayer crаp

3. Current amount of money isn't displayed on screen (you have to go to map to see it)

4. All weapon classes apart from basic sword kinda suck

5. Battle system is now utter click-to-death crap. And yet we're still being chased by 10+ enemies

6. Smoke bomb no longer allows you to perform instant executions

7. No ships at all (even non-sailable ones)

8. Arno is way too easy to kill

9. Paris is kinda boring

10. Eagle Vision now has a cooldown times

11. Overabundance of optional chests, missions and other collectibles

12. QTE lockpicking (instead of a system used in AC3)

13. Enemies can somehow evade bullets fired at them (even if they are fired in point-black range amid thick smoke bomb fog)

14. QTE battle with one of "bosses"

15. Poor optimization

16. Long loading times

17. Final boss is a ripoff of Star Wars' emperor. Hooded cloak and lightnings are included

18. Parkour system is even less controllable then before.

19. BUGS

1/10 game.

Edited by Finnegan

• 2 weeks later...