How to: Synchronize two audio tracks for muxing with audacity

Baal

Oh I see now. So if I wanted to have Audacity read the 2 tracks being "in sync", or the OP's starting at the same time, I would have to add 29ms of silence to the beginning of the Eng track, remux and make sure there is no delay set in mmg?

Correct, but it would also require reencoding that audio file.

Ok, so end result is do everything that I have been doing, but dont worry about the tracks not lining up in Audacity?

Edit: what happens with something like Aegisub then? Does it read the audio track like a video player would? I.e. with the 29ms delay?

Yes.

I don't know, never thought about it. But you know what? It doesn't matter because you never work with english audio in aegisub but with japanese :)

(tbh I think it loads files as they are, like audacity)

Oh I see now. So if I wanted to have Audacity read the 2 tracks being "in sync", or the OP's starting at the same time, I would have to add 29ms of silence to the beginning of the Eng track, remux and make sure there is no delay set in mmg?

Correct, but it would also require reencoding that audio file.

Pointless ~ wont waste the energy/time.

Yes.

I don't know, never thought about it. But you know what? It doesn't matter because you never work with english audio in aegisub but with japanese  :)

(tbh I think it loads files as they are, like audacity)

Awesome, haha yeah, thats a good point too. As you guessed, I worked with the english ~ will change that now. 

Will have to test it one day. Thanks for the info/advice/time Baal :).