Super Smash Bros. 3DS

poetictragedy

So, I know a few of us have picked up this game already. What are your thoughts on it?

So far, I'm loving it. The controls were weird at first, until I eventually switched some buttons around (mostly grab and shield), but I think they're pretty easy to get used to.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of my favorite games, so I'm ecstatic they added Robin and Lucina--ESPECIALLY since you can choose a female Robin. Can never have too many awesome lady fighters. Zero Suit Samus was another good addition.

I've always loved the Smash Bros series, so I'm absolutely in love with a portable version. I can't wait to give Street Passing a try at Youmacon this month. Street Passes galore.

Anyway, if anybody wants to battle sometime, my friend code is 1693-2952-2946. Feel free to add me. :3

I also play Pokemon X, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Bravely Default.

Edited by poetictragedy

It's pretty addicting.

I just wish I was better at it.

I SUCK at this game. I HATE the circle pad for movement. I was hoping I could change that but OH NO WE WOULDN'T WANT THAT.

:anger:

*sighs*

Does anyone have any advice they would be willing to share with me on how to get better at this game?

:too_sad:

I have been a Smash Bros fan since the very first game, I have had every game since then and now that it is portable well, what can I say it is awesome.

Been playing Classic mod and Smash Run a lot to unlock new attacks, items and characters. I still don't have everyone but love the experience of unlocking new characters.

Boss Spoilers!!

Taboo was a alright addition to the Brawl series, but this new boss on the 3DS version The Core I believe he is called, is a tough one, just when you think you take him down you have to fight him again and again and again...

This is why I love the smash bro series they can be quite challenging and you can't use the same tactics with every character as they are pretty much all different. It is hard to choose favorite characters as I rotate through a lot of them. I guess I play Shiek, Samus, Shulk, Ganandorf and Palutena the most. I want to unlock Lucina!

I have also found the controls a little hard to get use to, I have turned the analog stick jump off yet so I am forced to use the buttons which I think will make playing easier, too often have I tried to move somewhere and jumped accidentally. Compared to the Brawl I am not as good with the hand held device, on Brawl I was hard to beat and me and my brother would have dodge battles where we couldn't hit one another unless we did something real tricky.

I am pretty eager for the Wii-U version but the 3Ds version will more than tie me over till then.

Edited by J-Lord

Quick tip to unlock Lucina:

Beat Classic with no continues as Marth. Easy-peasy. Except she kicked my butt the first time, so it took me two attempts to unlock her.

Noted, thanks. Been having trouble lately with intensity 8 on classic mode. Trying to do it without dying which is proving difficult. Been working my way up from intensity 3 hope to get to 9 soon. The real challenge will be doing everyone on intensity 9. So many fight styles to master.

I turned off the tap jump which helped me. This makes it so that I can only use the x and y buttons to jump, instead of the circle pad.

X/Y can still jump with tap on.

I find with the tap on your rely on it too much and it isn't as reliable as x and y. So I find it is best to turn it off so that your forced not to use it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just so you guys know, Nintendo have updated the 3DS version of Smash Bros recently and have changed most of the characters in terms of attack damage and a few other things. Nerfing some and powering up others.

Full List here if you want to know who has been hit hard and who is that little bit better.

These Patch notes are done by the community as Nintendo don't believe in patch notes.

http://smashboards.com/threads/3ds-community-patch-notes-v1-0-4-engine-changes-to-di.378404/#post-18000940