Signature Divider

Medora

Hi.

To the admin: I'm wondering how you got the signature divider to look the way it does? If I'm correct, it's normally a thicker (or blacker?) line that covers only the left side below the post area, but the one here seems thinner, dimmer, and extends left to right. Is that unique to this template, or was that custom coding? If the latter, may I please be informed as to how to do that? I ask as a fellow forum owner, as I'm interested in implementing it, if possible.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi.

To the admin: I'm wondering how you got the signature divider to look the way it does? If I'm correct, it's normally a thicker (or blacker?) line that covers only the left side below the post area, but the one here seems thinner, dimmer, and extends left to right. Is that unique to this template, or was that custom coding? If the latter, may I please be informed as to how to do that? I ask as a fellow forum owner, as I'm interested in implementing it, if possible.

Regards,

Kevin

The regular signature divider is only text, that is ________________________

I've altered it.

Go to Styles & Templates -> Style Manager.

Choose the skin to edit and select Edit Templates from the drop-down box.

Click Postbit Templates, then depending on if you use the normal or legacy (we use legacy), click on the postbit_legacy.

Find:

<if condition="$post['signature']">

and edit whatever you want there.

I've personally changed it to:

<!-- sig -->
<div>
<hr size="1" style="color:$stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]; background-color:$stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]" />
$post[signature]
</div>
<!-- / sig -->
</if>

By the way, this skin "All-Around RPG" and "FMv7" were both fully designed by me. So any alterations you seen were done by me.

Thank you, Koby.

Also, very nice work on the skin. I like how you've even got your advertisement banner near the header in its own category box. Makes every bit of the forum neat and organized.

Yeah but Yahoo Ads stopped their program.. so I had no where to place the donation image without it having a lot of space next to it.. so I just designed something that looked like the ads did and put some of my sites to it.. lolz.

By the way, instead of using $stylevar[tborder_bgcolor], is there a way for me to just select a particular hex code for my preferred color without otherwise changing how the divider looks?

-edit-

Oh, wait, it turns out my attempt worked after all (I simply didn't notice):

<!-- sig -->
<div>
<hr size="1" style="color:#5b6d8e; background-color:#5b6d8e" />
$post[signature]
</div>
<!-- / sig -->
</if>

-edit-

Do you know where I may change the color for the divider (and just the divider) below the following icon seen above each post: http://forums.kametsu.com/images/icons/icon1.gif ?

Right.

I just found out that I can just enter the hex code in place of that. I'm wondering, though, how I may change the divider that sits above each post, right below icon1?

You can do that in the exact same section that you edited the signature divider.