Ability to Change Topic Title Name?

Botzz

I believe you all already have the ability to edit your own topic titles.

In the topic list (example), you should be able to double click next to the text of the topic title and a box appears so you can edit the title.

Here I'll post some screenshots of what I mean.

topicname.png

then double click next to the text (not the actual text, just next to it)...

and it should do this:

topicedit.png

Again, I might be wrong, but you should have the ability to edit your topic names.

Ah, looked it up. Seems members without modding abilities in each board were limited to editing a topic title to only up to 20 minutes after creating the topic. It's a feature in vBulletin, cause most of the time topics don't need to be edited and if they do a mod can do it.

Though in our download section, it'll be good to have it, I cannot set it to allow just there, so I'm going to change the setting to 0 minutes.

Let me know if you all can now edit the topic names of topics you posted or not.

I'm going to change the setting to 0 minutes.

I made a mistake in one of my titles i tried to edit it straight away (like i've done once before when i made a mistake) and now since you set it to 0 it means the changes didn't work it only changed the title within the thread and not the one displayed in the forum this also happens if i change the title of any of my old threads (But this is how it's always been) i think setting it to 0 means we can no longer edit straight after posting to correct a mistake and didn't affect our ability to actually edit the title.

I believe you all already have the ability to edit your own topic titles.

In the topic list (example), you should be able to double click next to the text of the topic title and a box appears so you can edit the title.

Here I'll post some screenshots of what I mean.

topicname.png

then double click next to the text (not the actual text, just next to it)...

and it should do this:

topicedit.png

Again, I might be wrong, but you should have the ability to edit your topic names.

Are you trying this? Because according to the settings 0 means there is no time limit, and you can infinitely edit. According to all the settings you CAN edit thread titles. If you can't now then you are either doing it wrong, or you just won't ever be able to edit them (which I don't see being the case). Baby Naruto said he was able to edit his threads after the setting change, when he wasn't able to before.

Are you trying this? Because according to the settings 0 means there is no time limit, and you can infinitely edit. According to all the settings you CAN edit thread titles. If you can't now then you are either doing it wrong, or you just won't ever be able to edit them (which I don't see being the case). Baby Naruto said he was able to edit his threads after the setting change, when he wasn't able to before.

Yep tried that it doesn't work for me when i double click next to the text it just highlights the empty space to the right of the title.

Edit: I looked it up on google and i think you need to set it to a high number rather than 0

Ok i apologize for the double post Koby, i've looked up on this and setting it to 0 is not unlimited it means members have '0' mins to edit thread title (Therefore meaning they can never edit there thread title) there is no unlimited option and most people seem to advise setting it high to something like 9999999 (that's like 19 years or something, lol) meaning if you set it to this everyone should be able to edit there thread titles for around 19 years after they post them.

In theory this should work because when it was set to 20mins i was able to edit a title i had just posted because of a spelling mistake (By pressing edit and changing the title in the edit screen) and as for the double clicking next to the thread title as i said before that doesn't seem to work at all for me it just highlights the space next to the title are you sure that isn't just an admin/mod feature? and thats why it works for you and Baby Naruto.

Edit: the double clicking thing works in the Content Distro only as a Upload Mod.

• 5 months later...
(So people wont have to keep on asking a mod every time a new episode is released)

We don't advise adding episode numbers in the topic title anyhow. They can add them if they want (we don't have any rules against it nor do we try to stop them), but they are not needed. It's easy to setup a topic title that doesn't need editing. Such as in the dual-audio section for example say a Death Note thread that was still being edited and updated as they encoded and uploaded the episodes could easily just have the prefix set to the host provider via the Post Icons added and topic title could be "Death Note [Dual-Audio]" then as they update and add new posts they could have an update status bold in the top of the post as I often do myself, and also make a new post each day they add more episodes as to bump and alert downloads the thread has been updated. Most people know for example that Bleach is being aired and updated weekly, there is no need to bother mods with editing topic titles to reflect the latest episode aired number. The viewer can just as easy view the actual topic to see that has changed.

As for editing topic titles usually you tended to edit other peoples topic titles unnecessarily which resulted every single time in people coming to me bitching about it. People set their titles how they want and didn't need you messing with them, even my own were edited and I'd have to correct them back over and over.

I can somewhat see how an Uploader should have access to editing only their own threads however, and I may "may" look into it, but until then it's advised to simply make topic titles that don't call for any future edits like the rest of us. =O