Need help finding something my wife would like

My wife (late 30s) is not a big fan of Anime but there have been a handfull of shows we've watched together which she has enjoyed, including Please Teacher, Kurokami, and surprisingly Code Geass.  She has NO interest in anything with the word Gundam in it (my maine interest <sigh>).  Ghost in the Shell was a bust as well.  I thought she would like Macross Frontier but there was just too much mecha and fighting I guess for her to get past the first episode.  She likes all the Miyazaki movies of course but thats in a class by itself.

I know thats not much to go on, but any suggestions of something to try would be much appricated. Conventional media she likes includes Twilight (who doesnt?), Hunger Games, Teen Wolf, Coronation Street and Downton Abby if that helps.

My fiancee is also kind of picky about anime. She didn't like Cowboy Bebop, Darker than Black, Baccano or Gundam.

Some successes with her are:

1) Guilty crown (a dumbed down version of Code Geass)

2) Samurai 7

3) Naruto (surprising, but she liked the character variation)

4) Fushigi Yugi is also vaguely tween romance with some action

5) Brave Story is a Miyazaki styled movie

6) She loves Full Metal Alchemist (Both series)

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head.

My suggestion since she's in her thirties giv her anime may that's stimulates discussions. Like Deathnote. Also Ganketsuou is another. I have for a long time beleived anime is not just a cartoon nut rather a way to convey messages and broaden the minds of the audiences. I mean sure there's a lot of anime purely for fun but even they hold elements that will help a person grow (where ever that general area may be iterally :P)

&nbsp;

What about Dance in the Vampire Bund or Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan if that helps?

&nbsp;

I think VB would depend on if she minds mostly-naked-100+year-old-loli, and the whole bit in the church:

Rape: It's A Vampire's Hobby

I meant because it's similar to Twilight (e.g. Human/Werewolf Male and Vampire Female relationship), but forget it, how about Deadman Wonderland? Since it shows how cruel humanity can become and Questions whether Ganta has the will to kill.

His childhood love, Shiro e.g. The Red man/Wretched Egg

• 2 weeks later...