Draft ?

Necrophiliac

I can't be drafted. I don't turn 18 till April. But when I was born I was born crippled, I had surgery and can walk and everything is fine, as in I am no way crippled and you can't tell I ever was. xD

But the army says I wouldn't be able to pass a physical so I wouldn't be drafted.. which if fine with me because I don't want to be anyways.

It's a scary thing. A year ago, I would have said sure, I'd go over if I was drafted. I love this country very much. However, having come pretty close to death over the summer and battling lung cancer, I'd do anything in my power to avoid getting killed. The worst part is that there's not much you can do now.

During Vietnam, if you didn't want to get drafted, you just went to Canada. But now, the US is trying to pass a bill that would require government approval (like a passport) to leave the country. This would effectively seal off the border to US citizens trying to avoid being pressed into military service.

It's scary. I've been a patriot and a republican all my life, but the idea of a draft scares me very much.

• 6 months later...

I've been signed up for the draft almost a year and a half now. I doubt there will ever be another draft unless we have a WWIII (which will probably be the end of the world in my opinion), I heard somewhere that there is only like 10% of the army actually even over in the middle east fighting right now. It's scary to think about but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Draft wont happen. they have more then enough troops, but stupid politicians led the war and thought they could do stuff by sending in a fraction of our strength. We have almost 600,000 of our troops. If we were really serious, we would have 400,000 over there right now, and this would have been over. If they try to draft me, I wouldnt go. Technically I wouldn't have to cause Im flat footed.

• 9 months later...
Guest Mithra

I think the draft is coming. 2012, the end of the World my friends. I'm gonna have to run to Canada, I will never fight for America, not that i'm not a patriot, I love this country. But the goverment is evil at the moment, and i have religious views against fighting for America at the moment. I'd escape getting drafted no matter what, so i'm worried, yet not worried.