SOTW #131: Kuroshitsuji

poetictragedy

haaa, it makes it dificult because I don't know peoples names and I'm terrible at remembering....

well here it is

1. Breathless - I simply love it, simple text yet stands out, vibrant color yet not too distracting mix with white and lighting.

2.Dreamer - Dark and evil, you can really fill the vibe and I like it but here comes the downside.... text needs a little more work. One thing is your name, either remove it and leave the main text or blend it with the rest because it seems that you worked so hard and then at the end just added your name on the corner to finish it. the other text needs some highlights or effects to make it stand out more also.

3.xAronx - I like how you played with the text and used different fonts even though you don't like it so much.... now with the bad news... to my taste the character has to much going on in his side, I can see effects on his face and body and in the doll that just doesn't allow you to have a focal point.

Either way its only my opinion and nothing more, I think everybody did a wonderful job!

no its just that there are not many of us that do gfx, but now with the c-w guys it should pick up. they may even need more gfx mods. i think that there is one official mod and then poe helps when she can.

Officially, I'm no longer a GFX mod, though my moderation abilities are still in place and I still show up on the forum staff page for some reason. Selfishly, I only set this contest up because I wanted to enter it. :x

• Like 1

Either way, so more people participate or even just join in to the conversation this thread should be made global and not just this little part of the website. Not many will act on it right away but I predict that many will join the conversation and once again bring life to the "Shops" and "Showcase". It just requires a willing mod and if dreamer is up for the job is qualified then he can do it.

Either way, so more people participate or even just join in to the conversation this thread should be made global and not just this little part of the website. Not many will act on it right away but I predict that many will join the conversation and once again bring life to the "Shops" and "Showcase". It just requires a willing mod and if dreamer is up for the job is qualified then he can do it.

I agree that "Shops" and "Showcase" along with this section need to be brought to life again.  Like they were when I first joined.  I'd love to be able to bring them up again to there former glory if not better.  Now that CW has merged with us I think it is possible now.

BTW...I'm a "she."

Edited by ∂яεαмεя
  • Like 1

It's ok love your sometimes a bit more direct than most females :P

Breathless - This work is stunning.  :) It pops out very vividly :D

Dreamer - I love the dark and evil bit, but the text is a bit hard to read to the left :/

Poe - Sebastian was a great pick, but the text seemed... off for this being him...

I agree that "Shops" and "Showcase" along with this section need to be brought to life again.  Like they were when I first joined.  I'd love to be able to bring them up again to there former glory if not better.  Now that CW has merged with us I think it is possible now.

BTW...I'm a "she."

I'm sorry, please accept my apologies. I did remember thinking about it, if I should put a he or a she but since I was in my mobile device I really didn't take the time to go investigate further so I just went with "he".  And yeah I remember when I first joined C-W it was the same way, so many competitions and I had so  much fun. That's why I want to see the same thing here. But over there the competition were shown all over the place in a global manner.  I'm pretty rusty with my PS skills but I bet I can still bring something to the table, even if its just to laugh at it ;)

Alright, I've already posted on the BOTM, but I'll go ahead and do it here too. I want to apologize for being pretty much absent for the last couple of months. The holidays made me lazy as hell, and after the holidays were over, I found myself EXTREMELY busy. With that said, I know I suck, but now I'm back. Thank you Poe and dreamer for taking care of things while I was away. I appreciate it greatly. <3

Now, back to business:

I VOTE FOR MYSELF! lol jk lesse here...

Also if I seem like I'm bashing or anything I'm not, as a graphic clan member on another forum I tend to critique to show flaws x.x.

I'll vote for.... Hell tough to pick between a certain two but I'll vote for Breathless, Reasoning is... Border is well done, background, blending is all well done and balanced nicely, my only gripe would be the text, it doesn't pop out too well but that could be because its just a solid white with no effects done to it.

Dreamer- I was going to vote for Dreamers but alas there's just a couple things I couldn't get past. One being your text, your background is very dark on the side, sadly your text was too far to the left and its kinda hard to make out what it says, the background itself is a tad too dark and made it look bland (dont kill meeee!) but overall you did a good job, your pieces only flaw was the overall darkness of the background & Text a simple fix for next time ^_^ you did a fine job on your border and blending so kudos!.

Firedog - You did a fine job picking a render and making a background and your effects are well done but I felt your text was lacking in this piece the I'm a butler & SOTW looked nice but the font you used for Grell just irked the text overall, you'd have been better off sticking with the font you used for "I'm a butler to die for" aside from that I feel like your render wasn't blended in much, I noticed around the bunny there are white spots around the edge, if your using Photoshop you can use the layer effects to add a border around the render you can tone the opacity down a bit to help blotch out those white spots.

Mine - I really hate how my text ended out blurry, I dunno how the hell it happened but it just keeps drawing my attention away from the focal point. Took me a good hour and a half to get it right only to have that stick out :|

Poe - One of the awkward people who went with Sebastian :o lol aside from that you did a really good job blending your text into your background, background is simple but good overall I don't really see anything wrong with yours aside from being pretty small but each person has their own style :3.

Again sorry if I sound really critical its just how I critique x.x

Okay, xAaronx, I can see that your first choice is Breathless, but it's not really clear what your second and third choices are. You kind of said something about everyone's, including yours. Please clarify for us so we can accurately count the votes. Thanks!

Edited by Apollo

Alright, I've already posted on the BOTM, but I'll go ahead and do it here too. I want to apologize for being pretty much absent for the last couple of months. The holidays made me lazy as hell, and after the holidays were over, I found myself EXTREMELY busy. With that said, I am back. Thank you Poe and dreamer for taking care of things while I was away. I appreciate it greatly. <3

No problem.  I was wondering what happened to you in the last couple months.  I will admit I was bothered by the absence as I dearly love and care about this section.  I'm glad I could help with this section.

Edited by ∂яεαмεя

Alright, I've already posted on the BOTM, but I'll go ahead and do it here too. I want to apologize for being pretty much absent for the last couple of months. The holidays made me lazy as hell, and after the holidays were over, I found myself EXTREMELY busy. With that said, I know I suck, but now I'm back. Thank you Poe and dreamer for taking care of things while I was away. I appreciate it greatly. <3

Now, back to business:

I VOTE FOR MYSELF! lol jk lesse here...

Also if I seem like I'm bashing or anything I'm not, as a graphic clan member on another forum I tend to critique to show flaws x.x.

I'll vote for.... Hell tough to pick between a certain two but I'll vote for Breathless, Reasoning is... Border is well done, background, blending is all well done and balanced nicely, my only gripe would be the text, it doesn't pop out too well but that could be because its just a solid white with no effects done to it.

Dreamer- I was going to vote for Dreamers but alas there's just a couple things I couldn't get past. One being your text, your background is very dark on the side, sadly your text was too far to the left and its kinda hard to make out what it says, the background itself is a tad too dark and made it look bland (dont kill meeee!) but overall you did a good job, your pieces only flaw was the overall darkness of the background & Text a simple fix for next time ^_^ you did a fine job on your border and blending so kudos!.

Firedog - You did a fine job picking a render and making a background and your effects are well done but I felt your text was lacking in this piece the I'm a butler & SOTW looked nice but the font you used for Grell just irked the text overall, you'd have been better off sticking with the font you used for "I'm a butler to die for" aside from that I feel like your render wasn't blended in much, I noticed around the bunny there are white spots around the edge, if your using Photoshop you can use the layer effects to add a border around the render you can tone the opacity down a bit to help blotch out those white spots.

Mine - I really hate how my text ended out blurry, I dunno how the hell it happened but it just keeps drawing my attention away from the focal point. Took me a good hour and a half to get it right only to have that stick out :|

Poe - One of the awkward people who went with Sebastian :o lol aside from that you did a really good job blending your text into your background, background is simple but good overall I don't really see anything wrong with yours aside from being pretty small but each person has their own style :3.

Again sorry if I sound really critical its just how I critique x.x

Okay, xAaronx, I can see that your first choice is Breathless, but it's not really clear what your second and third choices are. You kind of said something about everyone's, including yours. Please clarify for us so we can accurately count the votes. Thanks!

Oh wait we can vote for 3 o.o; I thought it was single >_> hmm okie then sorry about that xD

1st Vote Breathless

2nd Vote Dreamer

3rd Vote Poe

lol Sorry about that again, I'm used to having a single vote :P

• Like 1

Oh wait we can vote for 3 o.o; I thought it was single >_> hmm okie then sorry about that xD

1st Vote Breathless

2nd Vote Dreamer

3rd Vote Poe

lol Sorry about that again, I'm used to having a single vote :P

We were a single voting system a while back...but we had too many ties so the three vote system was put in place to eliminate that problem.  Since then we've had far less ties.

• Like 1