SOTW #131: Kuroshitsuji

poetictragedy

wonTi.jpg

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #131

Theme: Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)!

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, January 17.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by poetictragedy

I'm actually really surprised that everyone is doing Grell, I thought we'd be flooded with Sebastian entries!

I was going to Sebastian because he is my favorite, but was worried everyone would do him.  So I settled for a Grell one where Grell is holding a Sebby doll.  At least all the Grell renders are different.

Breathless

Remade my entry to girl ciel! :x (spent a little more time on it this time!)

Because Ciel is kawaiiii~~!

Yes, yes he is.  I like your new entry MUCH better than your Grell one.

Edited by ∂яεαмεя

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everybody!  Koby has given me permission to start up voting since it hasn't started yet.  The voting post will be here since I do not have the power to edit other post like the admins, but he said I could do it this way. Voting will last until February 2nd and the winner's theme will be chosen for the next SOTW contest.

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, February 2nd.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

∂яεαмεя

GrellBB_zps2402e159.jpg

Breathless

9o0c.png

firedogx10

GrellSutcliff_zps2e0d2b2e.png

xAaronx

smqz.png

poetictragedy

e4JJwlJ.jpg

Edited by ∂яεαмεя
  • Like 1

I VOTE FOR MYSELF! lol jk lesse here...

Also if I seem like I'm bashing or anything I'm not, as a graphic clan member on another forum I tend to critique to show flaws x.x.

I'll vote for.... Hell tough to pick between a certain two but I'll vote for Breathless, Reasoning is... Border is well done, background, blending is all well done and balanced nicely, my only gripe would be the text, it doesn't pop out too well but that could be because its just a solid white with no effects done to it.

Dreamer- I was going to vote for Dreamers but alas there's just a couple things I couldn't get past. One being your text, your background is very dark on the side, sadly your text was too far to the left and its kinda hard to make out what it says, the background itself is a tad too dark and made it look bland (dont kill meeee!) but overall you did a good job, your pieces only flaw was the overall darkness of the background & Text a simple fix for next time ^_^ you did a fine job on your border and blending so kudos!.

Firedog - You did a fine job picking a render and making a background and your effects are well done but I felt your text was lacking in this piece the I'm a butler & SOTW looked nice but the font you used for Grell just irked the text overall, you'd have been better off sticking with the font you used for "I'm a butler to die for" aside from that I feel like your render wasn't blended in much, I noticed around the bunny there are white spots around the edge, if your using Photoshop you can use the layer effects to add a border around the render you can tone the opacity down a bit to help blotch out those white spots.

Mine - I really hate how my text ended out blurry, I dunno how the hell it happened but it just keeps drawing my attention away from the focal point. Took me a good hour and a half to get it right only to have that stick out :|

Poe - One of the awkward people who went with Sebastian :o lol aside from that you did a really good job blending your text into your background, background is simple but good overall I don't really see anything wrong with yours aside from being pretty small but each person has their own style :3.

Again sorry if I sound really critical its just how I critique x.x

Edited by xAaronx

Eh?  I won't kill you for expressing you're opinion.  I love creating dark SIGs.  I don't usually do simply but thought I would go a bit more simple with this one.  It seems to fit more. 

Breathless - I may not be a fan of pink but I really liked yours.  I didn't expect anyone to go with the girl Ciel, but I'm glad you did. 

firedogx10 - Something bugs me about yours...I think it is the text that bothers me.  Overall thou...good job.

poetictragedy -  I think the background could be a bit darker and something different.  Smallest SIG I've ever seen you make.  You did a good job.

On a side note, xAarox, yours bothered me on different levels but the biggest problem I had was the flare you used.  I think it really should have been behind the render instead of on top of his face.  I can't get past that.  Also, your text doesn't fit the SIG at all.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Eh?  I won't kill you for expressing you're opinion.  I love creating dark SIGs.  I don't usually do simply but thought I would go a bit more simple with this one.  It seems to fit more. 

On a side note, xAarox, yours bothered me on different levels but the biggest problem I had was the flare you used.  I think it really should have been behind the render instead of on top of his face.  I can't get past that.  Also, your text doesn't fit the SIG at all.  Just my opinion.

Well really the thing that bugged me the most was how the text disappeared into the background :x that's it mostly I really liked yours aside from that and the backgrounds overall darkness but like you said you like to make them dark so that's fine :3 everyone has their choices on graphics ^_^.

Yeah I agree, I probably should have put the glass breaking texture underneath Grells face, I was trying to make it look like his wink broke the screen XD, and I haven't really seen the anime yet so I wasn't sure on what to put aside from his name but didn't wanna leave it simple "Grell Sutcliff" xD

but yeah I agree with you on those two things coulda gone better xD

• Like 1

Mine ended up tiny because I usually start with a standard width, then trim out unnecessary extra space. It just happened to be itty-bitty. It's probably a little too small, but eh, I'd rather have it be small, than have oodles of blank space.

I agree.  Can't have to too much empty to space.