Feeling sick. :C

ToshiroHayate

Woke up the other morning with a serious throat infection of sorts. My throat was very swollen, hard to breathe. It's been a pain dealing with it while working 12 hour shifts. :c 

I've tried salt water gargling, cough drops do nothing. I eat soup when I can, and try to drink water and juice. I'm not exactly sick with a cold or flu, so medicines from over the counter haven't really helped at all.  

So my question to you guys; is what's some home remedies you do with a sore throat or when you're not feeling well?

Thanks for the feedback! 

Suck on the really terrible tasting lozenges that you can get at the pharmacies, not the candy ones but the "pill that is full of stuff that tastes rancid and put hair on your chest" variety. Those should help your throat.

Also just stay really hydrated, that seems to help a decent amount.

I grabbed some of those, and they helped when I could get around to eating them. I tried to drink a lot of water and juice.

Hot tea with honey usually helps my sore throat.

I think salt water gargling is more about clearing infection, than it is about comfort. I never get any immediate relief with that.

I had some tea brewed, but it hurt way too much to drink it. :c Soup was hard enough to eat. As for salt water, I'm not sure what purpose it truly solves, but it helped my throat expand again.

Err, if you got a throat infection, I suggest you goto the doctor to get some antibotics man.

I don't really have the money for that. :C I can afford over the counter products though.

Update: I'm feeling a lot better! I've had to work a lot of the days I wasn't feeling well, but it has finally passed. Right on time for Thanksgiving! :D

Side Note: (Doctor said that if you slowly TRY inhale and exhale steam from hot water it helps unclog mucus.

This is a good one as well, although only a temporary fix. Best way is to boil water then pour it into a closed sink. Put a towel over your head so most of the steam will stay in the sink and get into you.

Also glad to hear you are feeling better!

• 3 weeks later...