The Last of Us [May contain Spoilers]

Dark_Angel13

This lovely ps3 exclusive game came to us about a month or so ago and I have thoroughly enjoyed it ever since then, it has topped my list of favourite games from my first day playing it. I'd like to hear others opinions on it and maybe we can get a general discussion going and share a few tips and whatnot that helped you get through the single player game on survivor or to get your group in factions to max which is difficult in some cases.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've only played the first TLOU; I bought it for the PS4 in either late-July or early-August of 2014.  I have no regrets.

As for TLOU2, I've not played that game, but after seeing a playthrough or two of it, I feel like I'm in a good position to say that the first TLOU was better....

....oops.  Shit-fest, inbound. 😱

Just now, Dave55811 said:

I've only played the first TLOU; I bought it for the PS4 in either late-July or early-August of 2014.  I have no regrets.

As for TLOU2, I've not played that game, but after seeing a playthrough or two of it, I feel like I'm in a good position to say that the first TLOU was better....

....oops.  Shit-fest, inbound. 😱

I played TLoU on PS3, then again on PS4. Intend to eventually one day replay it on PC. As for TLoU2, I played it twice on PS4 and hope it eventually comes to PC as well. 2 is definitely not even on the same level as the first one story-wise and certainly triggers a lot of fans with it's terrible handling of Joel with the absolute mischaracterization of events that transpired, but gameplay it's pretty enjoyable for the most part.

Just now, Koby said:

I played TLoU on PS3, then again on PS4. Intend to eventually one day replay it on PC. As for TLoU2, I played it twice on PS4 and hope it eventually comes to PC as well. 2 is definitely not even on the same level as the first one story-wise and certainly triggers a lot of fans with it's terrible handling of Joel with the absolute mischaracterization of events that transpired, but gameplay it's pretty enjoyable for the most part.

To be fair, I recall seeing some brutal moments during gameplay, what-with being able to gib enemies.  I do feel like I missed out on TLOU2 in that regard.  But, come Juneteenth of 2020, I decided to buy Azur Lane: Crosswave.  I was pretty close to getting TLOU2, as I've been wrestling with it in my head for about a month, and the day before, I was kind of in a foul mood.  But, I didn't want my money contributing to the trDaEnSsTfRoUrCmTaItOiNon of gaming.....though, come to think of it, my money contributed to the ChiComs**, so I guess I have room for regret, despite the fact that Azur Lane: Crosswave was a good choice, if I do say so myself.

As for TLOU2's story, I felt that the game pretty much shat all over everything that the first game established.  In my opinion, if Joel had to die, it should have been later.  Needless to say, but my opinions of TLOU2 are outside the norm, and I risk pissing a lot of people off if I say one little bad thing about it.

** = "ChiCom", in this case, refers to how Azur Lane is a series by a Chinese company, and as we all know, Chinese corporations are state-owned.

I was pretty close to getting TLOU2, as I've been wrestling with it in my head for about a month, and the day before, I was kind of in a foul mood.  But, I didn't want my money contributing to the trDaEnSsTfRoUrCmTaItOiNon of gaming.....

Well if it helps any, the copy I bought was like a month after release on eBay and only because it was heavily discounted to like $24 because the price of the game dropped off hard due to the backlash so my money didn't even go towards the studio.

As for TLOU2's story, I felt that the game pretty much shat all over everything that the first game established.  In my opinion, if Joel had to die, it should have been later.  Needless to say, but my opinions of TLOU2 are outside the norm, and I risk pissing a lot of people off if I say one little bad thing about it.

Exactly. The whole saving Abby and immediately trusting her enough to take her with him was completely against his established character of the first game. Joel in Part 2, was not the Joel fans loved. And to top off the brutality of that scene, they intentionally misled fans by showcasing promotional material that made it seem you'd play as Joel for the majority of the game... only for that to not be the case at all.