Halo vs Modern Warfare 2

S3nse

will i love halo i have naver played the other so i guss halo best game i have ever played will (halo 3) lol

For the love of all that is holy, use some bloody grammar! Seriously, there's a spell checker right there on the forum, and if that's not enough, go install Firefox or Google Chrome, they both have spell checkers.

Plus you're not even stating a valid argument. If you never played one, then how can you say the other is the best? Perhaps a reason as to why it's the best besides just because it's the only one you played?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not exactly a fair fight even, considering Halo 3 is 3 years old, and ODST was based on the same engine, while Modern Warfare 2 is less than a year old, of course it's going to have better graphics...

Yeah that is true, but even still if I were to compare the first MW graphics to halo 3, both on Xbox 360, the COD 4 graphics are still better than Halo 3's, and MW was released a few months before Halo 3. So comparing that is probably a better thing but really, the thing was MW2 vs Halo, even if you compare MW2 to Halo Reach, the MW2 graphics are still better than Halo's. So that is some better analysis of that and I still think MW2 wins.

P.S. sorry if I seem rude in this post I just wanted to make myself clear, not aiming this to seem disrespectful or anything.

AS much as I love the Halos... they just can not compete with Call Of Duty.

I feel the Halos fall short in multiplayer. And this is where COD takes the cake! But Cod doesn't stop there, the campaign is just as if not more appealing then it's online play. Sorry Halo, for your time you were the best.. We've seen Rocky the last Rocky. Although in your prime you were the champ.. your time has both come and gone.. the new champ.. COD!

To the two guys above me, MW2's multiplayer falls quite short in terms of hardcore play. Mulitplayer becomes much less serious and much more casual with the number of options available to the player, people complain about "noob tubes" and 1000's of other things. They aren't wrong, perks ruin the competitive play. On the other hand, Halo 3 isn't a casual game, if you aren't good and don't want to invest the time to play it you are going to end up frustrated.

To the two guys above me, MW2's multiplayer falls quite short in terms of hardcore play. Mulitplayer becomes much less serious and much more casual with the number of options available to the player, people complain about "noob tubes" and 1000's of other things. They aren't wrong, perks ruin the competitive play. On the other hand, Halo 3 isn't a casual game, if you aren't good and don't want to invest the time to play it you are going to end up frustrated.

I find Halo 3s multiplayer to be extremly easy there is really no stratagey to it. Hower COD has stratagey as illustrated by the perks and the fact you can make your own class.

I don't even think that's it's fair to even compare them. They're two different games with two different gameplay ideas in mind. Apples and oranges my friends.

YOu got a great point Cynthia, it also has to do with preferences. In this argument each person will have their preference and its a little hard to be unbiased

I find Halo 3s multiplayer to be extremly easy there is really no stratagey to it. Hower COD has stratagey as illustrated by the perks and the fact you can make your own class.

"easy" isn't the same as "simple". unless you're a level 50 at Halo you can't call it easy because you are no where near the best. Halo 3's multiplayer is simple, but the strategy for it is much different than MW2's. Halo 3 is based on the principal that everyone starts equal and the same, thus strategys consist of weapon placement memorization, where people are most likely on the map and where they are going, respawn times for weapons and where you need to be. Everything else is pretty much based on skill.

MW2 on the other hand has a more casual approach to gameplay, picking classes, choosing perks, and starting the multiplayer out of the box worse than other players are great examples of how the game is less focused on hardcore balanced multiplayer and more on progression.

Both are fun games, but offer much different play styles.

For PC players, Halo is, was and always will be, nothing but a poor second rate FPS. It does not even deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence as either MW. The only reason there is so much hype around this crap game is that it was the closest console gamers could get to a proper PC fps game. lol.

For PC players, Halo is, was and always will be, nothing but a poor second rate FPS. It does not even deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence as either MW. The only reason there is so much hype around this crap game is that it was the closest console gamers could get to a proper PC fps game. lol.

Halo 1, 2 and 3 came out several years later on PC after the console version (Halo 1 might not have had to wait that long, can't remember). Also, your argument is so hilarious because after the casual game known as MW2 came out many of the pro gamers that had stuck with COD4 left MW2 to go play Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Modern Warfare, and Modern Warfare 2 are both available for the PC. Your argument is invalid and you have just expressed blatant ignorance CoD fanboy.

first off what does being a level 50 have to do with it.just cuz some one isnt a level 50 doesnt mean they cant beat a level 50 ass.there are pub matches.both games are good but cod4 was better.it took more skill and u didnt have perks that made u good and u talked about every one starts with the same thing on halo,what about halo reach

first off what does being a level 50 have to do with it.just cuz some one isnt a level 50 doesnt mean they cant beat a level 50 ass.there are pub matches.both games are good but cod4 was better.it took more skill and u didnt have perks that made u good and u talked about every one starts with the same thing on halo,what about halo reach

I was a 46 when I quit Halo 3, yeah, I beat a lot of 50's...but I'm sure almost all of them were boosters/buyers. Halo 3 stops being enjoyable now for the level 1-40 crowd because almost none of them are left, that's why a lot of people whine about multiplayer...it's because it's been out for so long now that the only people left are good.

Halo Reach is a casual game to me, just like MW2.

I dewfinitely prefer Halo 3.

I play Modern Warfare as well and it's a good game, but it's kind of annoying when someone is a bunch of levels above you and their guns completely outrank yours.

Halo 3 is very balanced with everyone getting the same starting equipment and all that, you need a lot more skill to get a 25 kill streak.